He smirks and leans down and stops millimeters away from my lips. I feel my breath quicken and my heart starts to race beyond my control. My skin is screaming from our sudden closeness and my legs are slowly becoming jelly from him just looking at me. Keep it together Suzette. Keep it together! I tell myself as Blayze closes the gap between us. The kiss is soft but hungry. I kiss him back without hesitation and he pulls away and smirks at me. "Eager are we?" I squint my eyes at him annoyed and hiss, "Jerk," He smiles and turns to leave and head behind the island where Luna is smiling wide and creepy. "Luna you look like a lunatic smiling like that." Blayze tells her as he opens the fridge. "Truth or Dare?" She asks in a creepy voice as she continues to do the same face. "Stop, you look sick." Blayze tells her with distaste as he drinks from his water bottle.

"I hate that movie." Jonathan states scrunching up his nose. "What movie?" I ask. "You know Truth or Dare that new scary movie that came out I think last year." He tells me. I shrug and my Mom goes to Luna and ask if she can help. They both start fixing up the Empanadas while I and dad catch up on each other's lives. "Have you guys been trying for kids now?" My dad asks bluntly. I roll my eyes and growl, "Why do people keep asking that?"

"Suzette your uterus isn't going to be young forever. You better start putting it to use before it's too weak to hold any baby." My mom yells to me. I roll my eyes and look back at my dad ignore everything that my mom said. "Tell her babe." My dad adds in and I groan in annoyance as I sit up from my seat and walk out of the kitchen. I hear the doorbell and I go to see who it is. I open the door quickly when I see Blayze parents. "Mom Athena! Dad Lorenzo!" I greet and they each hug me. "Oh dear it's so good to see you. It's been awhile." Athena says. It's true, we haven't seen her in awhile. "That whole hospital visit doesn't count since it was a very serious moment." She continues. Blayze appears and Athena's lips part into a smile as she spots him in the foyer. "Blayze! Hey sweetheart!" She exclaims and Blayze rolls his eyes and says, "Mom can you not call me that especially in front of my wife."

"No matter what you say you will always be my baby and my little sweetheart." Athena goes on her tippy toes and peck his cheek. He rolls his eyes but smiles at her gesture. "What the duck?!" She cries out when she sees Blayze smiling at her. Her eyes are wide and she is staring at Blayze dumbfounded. "I haven't seen him smile since he was 16." Lorenzo blurts out shocked from Blayze smiling as well. "Not trying to brag but my clumsiness made that." I tell them pointing at Blayze confidently. "Blayze I thought you were a goner. I thought I raised an idiot. I thought I failed as mother because my son was refusing to live his life happily and be a work alcoholic. I thought you were becoming your father." Athena tells him with tears in her eyes. I don't miss Lorenzo bewildered look that he gives Athena.

"Mom you thought of me as an idiot?" Blayze isn't smiling anymore but confused at his Mom's words. "Don't live in the past Blayze live in the moment. I know that tragic event when you were 16 was traumatizing but I want you to know, you too Suzette, that I'm beyond the definition of happiness that you two found each other." I wonder what Athena means by this but I confide with myself not to ask Blayze till after the holidays. Athena is overjoyed by Blayze that the idea of all of these being fake triggers me in a negative way. Athena doesn't deserve the heartbreak that her son and I are going to give her when we part ways. It's already bad enough I'm going to be heartbroken she doesn't deserve to be heartbroken either. What if she finds out it was all a charade just so that Blayze could get his inheritance? Blayze is willing to destroy his mother's heart, soul, and spirit for some stupid green paper with dead men faces on it?! I'm taken out of my thoughts when. I see Lorenzo start to pull his wife away from us but she embraces me without hesitation and I hug her back feeling the bell of guilt ring in the back of my mind. Blayze hugs his mom and she pleads, "Smile one more time please." He sighs and kisses her cheek before revealing his pretty pearly straight white teeth.