Missing Part (takes place between Parts 8 and 9)

Supply and Demand

Date: April 27, 2154 2037
From: Crewman Elizabeth Cutler (deceased) (dummy account)
To: Crewman Elizabeth Cutler (deceased) (dummy account)

BCC (truncated list): Ramih Azar, Victor Brown, Bruce Chalfont, Daniel Chang, David Constantine, Tristan Curtis, William Dane, Brian Delacroix, Lucas Donnelly, Eric Forbes, Kelsey Haber, Edmund Hamboyan, Azar Hamidi, Christian Harris, Brooks Haynem, Gary Hodgkins, Sterling Hutchinson, Preston Jennings, Derek Kelby, Neil Kemper, Lloyd Ketchum, Chandrasekar Khan, Mario Lattimer, Aidan MacKenzie, Chandler Masterson, Andrew Miller, Bradford Moreno, Colin Myles, Ethan Novakovich, Gavin Prentice, Mark Reilly, Joshua Rosen, Michael Rostov, Rex Ryan, Ethan Shapiro, Robert Slater, William Slocum, Oscar Tiburón, Franklin Thomas Todd, José Torres, Anthony Vittorio, Craig Willets, Walter Woods

Re: Ratio

You are being sent this communication in conjunction with our ship's recent kick back in time over one hundred years. As you are well aware, we are forbidden from contacting any humans, in order to protect the timeline. However, as you are also well aware, the ratio is skewed on the Enterprise, and there are 34 women and 58 men.

Furthermore, while the captain has made it clear that the ship is now generational, and relationships are allowed to develop, even between people of differing rankings, the time frame is of course unknown. While there is the possibility that alien women would be brought on board eventually, the time frame for that is also unknown. Plus they may be ugly. We've met Xyrillians and Tellarites, you know. A lot of sentient species out there are downright dogs, and that's an insult to Porthos.

Therefore, I am making you aware of a valuable suite of services I will be providing. As you can imagine, absolute discretion is necessary. The following persons can never be told about my services, even if you, personally, never use them – Captain Archer, Commander T'Pol, Commander Tucker, Lieutenant Reed, Major Hayes, Ensign Sato, Ensign Mayweather and Doctor Phlox. If I find out someone has told them, there will be hell to pay. I trust that is clear. After all, even if you cannot, currently, believe you would want my services, you may find you feel differently after a few years of just your own hand.

We can agree that money is useless. Therefore, I am instead proposing a system of units. I will decide what constitutes a unit and I will provide some examples. However, I strongly encourage you to be creative in this area! Entertaining me and impressing me with your creativity could get you a bonus, after all.

And if you think this is expensive or unnecessary, given that there are 33 other women on board, I must remind you that standard 'courting' behavior generally requires you to buy dinners, flowers and candy and other gifts. And then you have no guarantees that you'll get any! With me, depending upon the fee provided, it's a sure thing. I'm sure you'll agree that this is not only economical, but that I provide value. My services are precious, and that drives the cost. This is what the market will bear.

Fee Schedule

All higher units include everything within the smaller units. The more you buy, the more you can save!

One unit = one hour of my time, alone with you, with no physical contact beyond hand-holding. This can include conversation, watching the viewer, sharing a meal, etc. My company will be agreeable and flattering to you.

Two units = either two hours at one unit's price, or light sexual contact. This is defined as kissing, hugging and touching of any part of my body but only over my clothes.

Three units = either three hours at one unit's price; or one hour of one unit and one hour of two units; or medium sexual contact. This is defined as French kissing and touching of my body, with your hands, under my clothes. I will strip to my undergarments. You may strip completely, if you wish.