eight.

FIGHT FOR FAMILY
008. | voodoo in my blood

I walked downstairs to search for Freya when I noticed Liam and Hope standing in front of a table where the Hollow's jawbone that Hayley had found laid

I approached them, "Liam, Hope, what's going on?"

"Mom? Can you hear them too?" Hope whispered

Klaus entered the courtyard. He approached us, "What's going on?"

"Look at me" I knelt down beside the twins, "Tell me what you heard"

"Voices" Liam answered, "They said that we're connected to this. You, Hope, and me. . . even auntie Hayley"

I looked at Klaus, worried, "If this fossil has been whispering lies, I'll gladly throw it in the river" He said

"No. Not the bone" Hope denied, "The Witches. The Ancestors. They have a message for us. A warning"

"Tell me what they said" I urged

"They want you to go to St. Anne's Church to talk to them. They said you have to do exactly what they say, and you have to do it now. Before the Hollow comes for us"

Klaus and I entered St. Annes, I looked around cautiously.

"It's quiet"

"Of course it's quiet. It's a trap" Klaus proclaimed

"We don't know that"

"New Orleans witches have hated my family for three centuries" Klaus informed me as we walked further into the church, "Of course it's a trap"

"The coven protects their own. Hope's one of them now. They're part of their legacy"

"Our children are a far cry from a French Quarter fortune-teller and while we're on the subject, they're seven. If anyone wants to talk to them, they should ask my permission"

"You're gonna be a lot of fun when Hope starts dating"

"I'm gonna be a perfect gentleman," Klaus smirked, "And should any of her suitors fail to meet my expectations, our son and I will compel them to the priesthood"

I chuckled. I had a feeling Hope would be hiding boys from her father for a long while. I was about to respond when four teenage witches walked out into our view.

"Oh, look, Harvest Girls" Klaus spoke. We walked closer, "I assume you speak on behalf of your Ancestors"

"Provided that you've come in peace," One of the witches said

"Well, that depends on you, doesn't it?" Klaus articulated

"We don't want a fight. We're here to offer a deal" The same witch spoke