six.

FIGHT FOR FAMILY
006. | bag of cobras

Hayley and I stepped into the courtyard

Hayley and I stepped into the courtyard. Servants walked around, carrying decorations and balloons.

I looked up and saw Klaus, he smiled down at me.

"We were heading out and now we're throwing a party, I see," I spoke

"One that will be attended by New Orleans most influential creatures," Klaus told us.

"Hm, and you do realize that everyone hates you, right?" Hayley asked

"But they love Marcel and as the invite states, he is the co-host," Klaus replied, "Tonight, we celebrate our truce"

"So, you're throwing a fake party in honor of a fake truce and your guest of honor is in a dungeon," Hayley said

Klaus walked downstairs, making his way towards us, "Marcel's attendance would only complicate matters. Besides, I'll have my hands full weeding out those in league with The Hollow"

Klaus smiled, "I expect you by my side,"

Hayley looked at us, "Have fun with that," She said, "Your kids are with Mary and I'm just looking for Freya"

"What do you need of her?" Klaus asked

"Just a favor," Hayley answered. Klaus turned around to face us, raising his brows.

Hayley had left to talk to Freya about our families and see if she could help with her magic to figure out why the hollow killed our parents. The party had just started and the courtyard was full of guests. The compound was decorated with balloons on the walls and the fleur-de-lis everywhere, even an ice sculpture. The jazz band playing.

I stood in front of the mirror in a red dress that had been laying on the bed when I stepped out of the shower.

Satisfied, I left the room. I walked towards Klaus and Elijah who stood on the balcony, watching their guests.

Klaus smiled, "You look exquisite" He handed me a glass of champagne.

I returned the smile and took the glass, "Thank you for the dress"

Elijah stepped forward to address the crowd, "My dear friends, tonight we celebrate an alliance between our family and Marcel Gerard. Unfortunately, as is his custom, Marcel is unfashionably late. So until such a time as he graces us with his presence, let us all raise a glass to salute the glorious city of New Orleans"

Klaus stepped forward to stand by his brother's side. "But before we do, my brother and I wish to acknowledge a painful truth. Our relationship with this city, and indeed with most of you, has been long and complicated. We hope you will be put at ease knowing we intend but a brief and peaceful stay. Let this evening be a respite from past grievances and an opportunity to forge new friendships" Klaus raised his glass, "Cheers."