four.

FIGHT FOR FAMILY
004. | keepers of the house

A few hours drive and we finally reached the compound

A few hours drive and we finally reached the compound. I carried Hope while Klaus, Elijah, and Liam walked ahead of me.

The compound looked the same as it did five years ago when Klaus' sirelings wrecked it. He looked around in distaste, "Our home. Once the pride of our family, now a flophouse"

"Indeed, the mighty have fallen"

"Where's Vincent?" I asked, frantically

"Right here" Vincent approached us. I gently placed Hope down, "Kept my word. Now the only question is whether or not you guys are gonna keep yours. As soon as I'm finished healing your kid, you got to leave the city"

"Well, we're not gonna stay, are we? Your city has lost its charm" Klaus spoke, angrily

I stood up, "What he means to say is that we're very grateful. Just help her and we'll leave"

"Just give us what we need, and we will do so, happily" Elijah added

"Excuse me" Vincent knelt down in front of Hope, "Okay. Nettoyer timoun sa a. Nettoyer timoun sa a"

Vincent lightly tapped his fingers on Hope's temple, waking her up.

She opened her eyes, "Mom?"
I instantly ran to her, wrapping my arms around her.

"That's it. Your little girl's purified" Vincent told us

"Thank you" Klaus spoke

"Now look, the only gratitude I need from any of you is seeing you leave the city" Vincent replied

"Go see your daddy," I told my daughter.

Hope got up and walked closer to Klaus and Liam. suddenly, dead crows fell from the sky.
I knelt down in front of Hope and made her look at me.

"What is this?" Klaus asked

"I don't know" Vincent answered

"Mom?" Liam asked, he walked closer, "Can you hear that?"

I looked at the twins, worryingly. I just hoped that what had happened to Hope wasn't happening to Liam too.

"It's whispers" Hope spoke, "They're saying a name. Over and over"

"Kre nah han. Kre nah han"

I turned to Vincent, "Vincent, what— what is that?"

"It's a nearly forgotten dialect," He told us, "It's Creole. It means 'the Hollow'. The Hollow is coming"

I looked at my kids in concern, internally panicking as the crows continued to fall dead on the ground, forming a perfect circle around us.