three.

FIGHT FOR FAMILY
003. | haunter of ruins

The Mikaelsons were outside on the porch

The Mikaelsons were outside on the porch. I could hear them arguing as I made my way to the twins' room to wake them up.

I slowly opened the door and saw Liam sitting wide awake in his bed, "Good morning sleepy head" I greeted

"You're back" He smiled

I walked over to Hope and placed a hand on her back, gently shaking her awake. Hope slowly sat up, "Mom. You're home" She wrapped her arms around me.

We pulled away. I looked over at my son to see if he had fallen asleep again which was something he normally did after I wake him. He looked at the window, it seemed like he was deep in thoughts.

"Liam" I spoke, "Are you okay?"

He faced me, "I had a bad dream. . . It was a nightmare but it's over"

I nodded and waved him over to his sister's bed. Liam sat down beside us. I smiled at my twins before wrapping my arms around them both, "I missed you"

"We missed you too"

We pulled away after a few moments"Come on, get dressed. There's someone waiting for you outside"

I helped the twins get ready and eavesdropped on Klaus' conversation with his siblings.

"—We're not going anywhere today. I want one day of peace with my children. Before we uproot them" Klaus told his siblings.

I grabbed the twins and took them downstairs.

"One day. We're in the middle of nowhere, the house is cloaked. We weren't followed and I'm not asking!"

I opened the door and led Liam and Hope outside, everyone stopped, "Everybody, look who's awake"

Hope held onto my hand, "Hello"

Klaus, whose nervous expression matched the twins', walked closer, "Hello"

"Mom" I nodded, facing my son, "Can we go play in the garden?"

"Yeah," I said, "Sure"

Both Liam and Hope ran off into the garden, leaving their father. I looked back at him with an apologetic smile and sighed.

Klaus and I stood alone on the porch, watching the twins paint, "What did you tell them?"

"I told them that you're a hybrid like me" I answered, "I also said that you're very old. Other than that they're seven we can wait to share the gory details"