five.

FIGHT FOR FAMILY
005. | i hear you knocking

The next morning, Hope was cured which meant that it was time to go

The next morning, Hope was cured which meant that it was time to go. We were all getting ready to leave.

"Hope?" I heard Klaus call out.

I looked at my daughter as I had just finished brushing her hair, "Go find your dad" I told her

"Tell him we're ready"

I grabbed the twins' backpacks before I too made my way downstairs. I found Klaus and the kids in the courtyard.

"Dad, aren't you coming?" Liam asked

I looked at Klaus and noticed that something was wrong. Something was bothering him.

"Hey uh, kids, why don't you take your backpacks and go wait with uncle Elijah? Dad and I will be there in a just a sec"

The twins nodded. I handed them their backpacks and they left to go to Elijah who was waiting for everyone outside in the car.

I looked back at Klaus in concern, "What's wrong?"

"You need to go to the bayou without me," Klaus said

"Why?"

"Take Hope and Liam, I'll be right behind you" He told me

"Klaus, you can't—"

"Our daughter nearly died. This thing— the Hollow could come back to haunt her or even Liam. I have to make sure the threat to our children is over" Klaus told me, he started to walk away

I blocked his path, "Not without me"

"Our children need you," He said, "Freya will help me here. I need to know the twins are safe. You, Hayley and Elijah, can assure that"

I shook my head, "I'm not leaving you here"

Klaus sighed, he placed his hands on my face and we locked eyes, "I'll be alright" We kissed. We pulled away, "Go, I'll be right behind you"

I hesitated for a moment before I kissed his cheek and left to go outside where Elijah and Hayley were waiting with the twins.

"Where is Niklaus?" Elijah questioned when i got in the car.

"He- He'll be with us soon" I answered.

We started to drive to Mary's and somewhere along the way I suddenly remembered why i had just left the compound: Klaus wasn't reassuring enough but I somehow still left without doubting it.

My eyes widened in realization, "He compelled me"

"What?" Elijah asked

"Klaus compelled me. That s—"

"Careful" Hayley warned, "We have children with us"

"I wasn't going to say anything bad"