seven.

FIGHT FOR FAMILY
007. | high water and a devil's daughter

Klaus and I were in the dining room, discussing yesterday's events when Elijah entered

Klaus and I were in the dining room, discussing yesterday's events when Elijah entered. Deciding to give them a moment, I left.

Freya had created a boundary spell that would keep everyone inside the compound while she and Elijah went to take care of the hollow.

I walked upstairs to go check on the twins when I heard sounds coming from one of the studies. I entered it and found Hayley surrounded by numerous boxes that she brought to the compound yesterday. They were filled with things from her childhood.

I looked around at all the boxes in the room. "Are you hosting a yard sale?"

"It's the stuff I found in my parents' storage unit," Hayley told me, "I may as well work out which stuff to keep and which to donate. I found these in one of the boxes"

Harley handed me a pink album and a yellow one. I opened it to find pictures of me as a baby and of Jackson, our mom, and dad. He was alive.

"What you said yesterday. . ." I started, "About my dad. How?"

Hayley put the box she had in front of her away, "I returned to get these boxes there was a man. He was angry and said that I had broken into his storage unit. I tried to explain but he wouldn't listen, I finally told him that the people who's stuff were in these boxes were my parents"

"And?" I sat down

"Well he said that he was sorry for what happened to them and that he was happy that I got away because not everyone was that lucky"

"What did you say?" I asked

"I asked him what his name was and he just said Gabriel. I remember reading about a Gabriel in your grandfather's journal, so I straight out asked him if he was Jackson Kenner's father. I told him that you're— were alive. . ." She trailed off

"And where is he now?"

"That's the thing, I told him to wait for me by my car so that I could bring him to you but he was gone when I got there," She said

"Where do you think he went?"

"I did mention Mary" Hayley told me

I leaned back in my seat, "It's just weird" I said, "How can he be alive? My grandfather killed my parents. Mary said so herself. We have to find him" I got up

"But we're locked up in here"

I stopped, "Hayley, nothing is going to stop me from meeting my dad, okay? I never got to know my parents and if I have a chance to get to know at least one of them, I'm gonna take it"

"I didn't get to know my parents either, Tal, were in the same boat. Wait until this is all done"

"Are we in the same boat, Hayls? Cause at least you had foster parents who tried to take care of you"