•Chapter 26•

3:14 pm.

,,Kai..?" i asked quietly, still in shock. He was standing there, right in front of me, healthy and alive. And with a gun in his hand.

Without realizing it I reached out my hand to touch his as tears started rolling down my pale face. He  was as shocked as I was. He kneeled down in front of me with a weak smile on his lips.
,,y/n..." he said and took my hand. I caressed his hand and stared deeply into his dark eyes.

,,come on. Get up." he whispered and broke the silence between us. He helped me getting up and started searching for a room In the dark hallway. After a while we finally found a small empty room and went in.
The school building was filled with screams and shots.

After closing the door I turned on the lights to see his face more clearly.
He had dark rings under his eyes and a long scratch on his right cheek. His dark hair was messy and dirty.
I came closer to him and wrapped my arms around his neck.

Without hesitation he hugged me back tightly and buried his face into my shoulder. Gosh, I missed him so much..

,,I know you have been lying to me all this time.." I said between my sobs.
,,but I'm done being mad at you. I love you and I don't care what you have done in the past. Please stop lying and tell me the truth..." I added and he broke the hug and grabbed my shoulders. He stared deeply into my eyes before saying:

,,I'll tell you everything. But please don't freak out and don't leave me." I nodded slowly and we both sat onto the ground as he started talking.

,,oh gosh, where should I start..." he said and sighed.

,, first of all, my name is not Kai. My name's Jungkook . Jeon Jungkook." as soon as he said that my eyes grew big and I started remembering my childhood. I had a friend named jungkook when I was a little kid but he moved to another country and I haven't seen him ever since.
,,you...w-what..?" I started stuttering and jungkook smiled.

,,I'm your childhood friend, y/n" he said and started searching for something in his pocket. He took out a small silver necklace with a heart pendant. Memories started coming back and I smiled like an idiot while taking the necklace out of his hand.

,,do you remember this? You gave this to me back then when I told you I was moving." he said and I nodded and cried even more. How can he still have this? I gave this to him 14 years ago.

That's why I thought he looked familiar as I first saw him. Now I realized that he didn't changed at all. He grew a lot taller, of course, but he still had that baby face, that bright smile, cute bunny teeth and that cute messy haircut.

,,I had to move with my parents to America for a few years because of my dad." he said and his smile was gone. I saw that it wasn't easy for him to talk about his dad.

,,when we were still little kids my father did this.. Illegal thing. I don't know exactly what it is, but I know that there is a man who gave my dad a lot of money when he killed someone for him. I was still a kid so I didn't really understood what was going on. One day my dad said that we are moving to America. He wanted to get away from all of this. 9th July 2004. the day I had to leave you."
He stopped talking for awhile to wipe the tears that kept rolling down my face.

,, about 6 months after we moved to America the man came back. And he wasn't alone. One night my father disappeared and came back after two days. He had scars on his face and a black eye. His white, dirty shirt had red stains on it and he had blood under his fingernails. After I asked him where he was he just said he was working. He lied to me all this time. A few months later he bought a company, I guess to cover up his doings. After some time I realized that my dad was not the only one doing this dirty work. He met up with a lot of people in the evenings. My dad never talked about the things he was doing, but my mother told me before they got a divorce. She told me that my father owed those men a lot of money and instead of paying it, he decided to 'work' for them. There were a few other people doing this dirty business. After a few years my mother decided to get a divorce. At that time my father wanted me to do this dirty business with him, so he can concentrate more on his company and pay off his debts faster. But I didn't want to. So he told me if I don't do it he won't let my mother go in peace and kill her. I was terrified and worried, so I promised him to keep doing his jobs. A few years later the company moved to Korea and so did we. We arrived in Korea about a year ago. He registered me under another name in this school just to make sure that if I make a mistake, no one knows my real name so it will take longer for the police to find us. He always says that no one needs to know my real name."
he took another break from talking and waited for my reaction.

I breathed in and out, slowly realizing what the actual fuck is going on right now.
So... basically I was dating a killer all this time?