Chapter 24

Taehyung POV

With my forehead pressed against Yoongi's, I try to keep it just a small smile rather than flat out grinning at him. He's got a mildly confused look in his eyes as he just silently looks at me, clearly not seeming to understand as he wears that adorable pout of his on his soft lips.

"I've wanted to date you for at least that long, Yoongi. I never thought you would feel the same though. I just wanted to be sure that you didn't just kiss back last night because of the buzz you were feeling from the alcohol." I explain in a soft tone, leaning in and connecting our lips. He hums softly in approval at the contact, moving his soft lips with mine. I smile just a little into the kiss, the worried knot that had formed in the pit of my stomach easing at him letting me kiss him again.

"I didn't care if you didn't wanna date me, Tae. I just wanted you back. You're my best friend and you know me better than anyone else. I don't agree with the way you tried to push me away, but you it's you and you know I'd always forgive you, Tae." Yoongi mumbles softly as we pull away and end the kiss. He moves himself around a bit, soon nuzzling his head into my chest as he curls into me once more. I just smile, leaning down and kissing the top of his head.

"As much as I don't want you to forgive me considering how much I don't deserve it after everything, I'm glad you're willing to forgive me anyways. You have no idea how hard it was without you, baby. I was honestly such a wreck and didn't know what the hell to do with my life anymore." I whisper softly, drawing little patterns into his back lightly. He hums softly in response, a much lighter and more content tone than any single one he's had all morning, and I can't help but smile as I feel him kiss my chest lightly where he's got his head burrowed at.

"I found a nice little coffeehouse while I was being an idiot and trying to stay away from you. It's a nice cozy little place and they've got some really good drinks there. The food looks good, but I've not had any yet." I murmur gently, wanting to make a little conversation with this adorable and tired boy that's wrapped up in my arms. He giggles softly into my chest though, causing me to grin down at him.

"Tae, I wanna sleep. But you'll have to take me there sometime. It'd be nice for us to go there. We could change up where we go occasionally then." Yoongi whines adorably before commenting off of my little statement. I chuckle, rubbing his back rather than continuing to draw patterns for a moment as I kiss the top of his head once more.

"We can go tomorrow after school. Okay, baby? And you can't quite go to sleep just yet, Yoongi hyung. There's one more little thing we need to discuss first, and then we can just cuddle and let you sleep, yeah?" I tell him lightly. He just whines once more, shaking his head against my chest. I just chuckle once more, ruffling his hair lightly before he pulls his head away to look up at me.

"Tae, what made your father start being abusive again? I thought he was doing okay with keeping that to a minimal for quite a few years now?" Yoongi asks suddenly, going nowhere near the topic that I'd been about to bring up. I bite my lip, looking away. I don't particularly want to talk about why or what happened, but I know I'll need to tell him at some point. He deserves to know and he'll find out eventually anyways.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to just ask that like that. You mentioned a different topic and I remembered that I had figured out that your father was hurting you again. You don't have to answer yet if you're not comfortable with it, Tae." Yoongi quickly apologizes. I give him a tiny smile, always having loved and found it adorable when he does little things like this. I've always loved his little quirks like this one, always finding them adorable and him always so cute whenever it happens.

"It's okay, baby. I would've had to explain eventually anyways. He's been getting abusive for a couple months now. My mother got diagnosed with cancer and passed away just a few days ago. He's been like this ever since we found out. With that and my feelings for you being too much for me to bear, it's why I started pushing you away. I didn't want you to worry about me and what was happening. I didn't want to bring you down with what was happening in my life, baby. That's why I didn't tell you, why he started acting up again."