Chapter 2

Taehyung POV

Leaving Yoongi and my drink behind, I walk out of the coffee shop and shove my earbuds in before blasting my music. As I walk through the rain to head slowly towards the hospital, I wish I could spend all of my time there instead of having to go home to a deteriorating father, instead of having to go to classes that I can no longer focus in.

Actually, I wish there weren't a reason for my constant trips to the hospital, but if it has to be that way, then I wish I'd be able to spend all my time there rather than having to leave. However, I know my mother would still manage to have my ass if I skipped classes, even if she's the reason I'm in the hospital so much.

I'm not complaining though, I can't complain about how often I'm there when it's the only way I can spend any time with her anymore. When I know I won't have much more time or opportunities to continue visiting there.

I take a few deep breaths as I tip my head back, letting the rain scatter down all over my face rather than just the hood of my jacket. I continue walking though, trying to cool myself down before I cry, knowing Eomma would be able to see right through my rain soaked face to the tear stains below them.

I feel mildly bad that I've been so cold to Yoongi lately. He really has been my best friend since I was five years old. He's the only one that's never left me, that's always been there for me through all the hardships I've gone through. We met when I was five, and I'm now twenty one.

Yet here I am, shattering our friendship more and more as the days pass by. I can't help it though, I know I should tell him what's been going on, but I just can't. I'm too afraid of letting people in right now, much too angry with the world to be able to handle having anyone around me. Especially when he's trying to be as gentle with me as he is.

I know it's the right thing, what he's been doing. Never giving up on me and always going to the coffee shop we'd always meet up at, staying for at least an hour every day, even when I don't show up. Always texting me to try and keep in contact with me, showing that he cares and that he wants to help.

I just don't want it. Not right now. Not when everything else is just completely going to shit. I'm just far too angry with what's happening with my mother, with how quickly and shitty my father's deteriorating, with how alone I feel. I just feel alone and all I want is to be alone.

Sighing quietly to myself, I run a hand through my hair.

I shouldn't have said what I did back there. I know I shouldn't have said that, yet I did anyways. I know how sensitive Yoongi is, especially when it comes to his personal life, and yet I used the one thing he's most sensitive and insecure about as what to hit him with. I can't imagine just how much he's probably hurt right now, how upset he truly is.

I really have been the one person in his life that never abandoned him, and yet that's exactly what I'm doing now. He's had friends and girlfriends and family all abandon him, and I've been the only person that's always stuck by his side. Yet, not only did I hit him where it counts, but I'm also leaving him alone. Leaving him to himself even though I know how hard and dangerous that's going to be for him.

"Fuck life. Fuck fucking everything." I mutter to myself as the hospital finally comes into view.

I shouldn't be hurting Yoongi just because I'm hurting. And I know I'll come back to fucking regret it at some point. I just never knew how to tell him. How to break the news that had been broken to me and how to break the news that I've yet to break to anyone.

Shaking my head to myself, I force back tears as I finally enter the hospital. I don't bother saying a word to anyone as I pass by, words not needed as they know me well by now as I head to the elevators and up to the fifth floor. As I step inside the elevator, I turn my music off and shove my earbuds into my pocket as I pull my hood down from my head.

Taking a deep breath, I step off the elevator when it reaches the right floor and nervously head down the hallway to the room that's just around the corner at the end of this hall. Swallowing hard, I bite my lip as I enter the quiet room, seeing my mother laid weakly on the bed.

"There's my beautiful boy." She mumbles weakly as I shut the door behind me gently. Giving her a tiny smile, I make my way over to the woman I care for most.

"Hi, Eomma."