Chapter 6

Taehyung POV

Slamming my hand down on my annoying fucking alarm clock, I shut it off and roll back onto my back. Just staring up at the ceiling, my body is aching from the beating I got last night. I don't even want to go into the bathroom to shower and see the amount of bruises that are scattered across my body right now. And I haven't even told him about the fact that she's going to be gone in just a few measly days.

Huffing quietly to myself, I drag myself out of bed as the thought crosses my mind once more. I'm definitely not going to any classes for the rest of this week. No, I'll go shower so that I can clean up, then stop at a small coffeehouse on the way to the hospital before spending my entire day there.

Trudging over to my closet, I pull out a regular pair of jeans along with a black tee shirt and cream long sleeve. Taking the clothes with me, I head to the bathroom, trying to avoid catching my reflection in the mirror as I strip and hop in the shower.

I don't bother rushing through the shower, knowing my father isn't home any longer and that I don't need to worry about being late for class. So instead, I take my time and try to wash myself while trying to cause myself as little pain as possible.

It's another half hour before I'm out of the house, dressed and have my money on me as I walk out. I don't bother locking it, knowing I'd get my head ripped off if I did since there's no way my father would be able to get in when he comes home from the bar drunk off his ass.

I just shove my hands into my pockets, silently beginning to make my way down the street and towards the hospital. I take my time though, still in quite the slump from everything going on.

Trying to take my mind off my mother's pending death and my loss of a best friend, I try to distract myself by the scenery I'm walking past. The houses and a park, the cars that fly past me. It doesn't do me much good though, either reminding me of memories with my mother or memories of me and Yoongi spending time together.

A quiet sigh falls from my lips as I finally spot the coffeehouse, speeding up my pace so that I can get inside sooner. I know the smell of coffee will help wake me up more, and I could possibly spend some time here to just relax a bit before leaving since it's not the usual place I'd go to with Yoongi.

When I finally step inside, I glance around to find it quite empty, mentally shrugging to myself and walking up to the counter. There's a few girls stood on the other side of the counter, all three of them bursting into a fit of giggles as I reach the counter. It only drops my mood more though, reminding me how alone I've become.

"Hi there, cutie. What can I get for you?" One of the girls greets as she finally approaches the register. I mumble out a quiet order, paying for it before stepping off to the side to wait for it.

As I wait, I take a closer look around the shop. I can't help but think of Yoongi as I do, realizing just how cute and cozy this place is. It would be perfect for him, just the place for him to work on his music and just hang out comfortably.

A frown makes its way onto my lips though, shaking my head at my previous thoughts as I take my coffee from the worker. Instead of hanging out like I'd planned to, I take the cup and walk straight out, no longer wanting to stay as it reminds me of Yoongi.

Biting my lip, I simply continue on my way to the hospital that's now just down the street. I don't bother taking a single sip from my drink the entire way there, no longer in much of a mood for the coffee as I enter the all too familiar building. Though, instead of heading up to my mothers room straight away, I head to the cafeteria on her floor to hang out there for a few minutes.

"Hey, are you waiting for someone to join you?" A soft voice asks quietly after a few minutes of me sitting here alone. Glancing up from my phone, I spot a girl stood next to the table with a cup of probably coffee in her hand as well, long straight black hair that falls down to her waist as she looks at me with a tired look in her eyes.

"No, I'm not. You can take the seat if you'd like."