Chapter 11

Yoongi POV

Slamming my hand over the annoying alarm clock, I reluctantly drag myself out of my bed. Grabbing my flask from beside my bed, I take a sip of the whiskey that's left inside, unfortunately emptying it in the process since there'd been so little left.

Huffing quietly, I toss the empty thing away from me, watching as it lands in the pile of glass that I've still yet to clean up. Running a tired hand through my hair, I reluctantly pull myself up onto my feet and walk over to my closet to search for clothes for the day. Sighing, I shake my head at myself as I grab a black tee shirt and an old jacket that I'd stolen from Tae back when we were still in high school. It probably still fits him till this day, still much too big for my smaller frame, but I don't really mind.

Taking out a pair of gray ripped skinny jeans, I take the clothes with me into the bathroom and start up the water. I make a mental note as I hop inside the shower to stop at the music room inside the performing arts building today. I haven't played piano since I was just a little fucking kid. I have no idea if going anywhere near one would actually provide me any source of comfort or if it'd only cause me more hell, but I guess shit is always worth a try right? Tae always did love it when I'd play the piano for him, even if it meant skipping class...

Shaking my head at myself, I hurry up in the shower despite my exhausted body, soon out from the water within a few minutes and drying myself back off. Slipping the clothes on, I begrudgingly reach into the medicine cabinet and pull out my antidepressants. Taking what's supposed to be the proper amount with a glass of water, I set the bottle back in its place before exiting the bathroom once more.

Heading back into my bedroom, I sigh as I look over at the shitty mess that I've not touched. I just shake my head, walking back out of my room and heading downstairs to where my bag and shoes are. Glancing over at the kitchen, I spot a bottle of whiskey already out and opened. Gazing at the harsh liquor longer than I should, I eventually tear my gaze away and force myself over to the door where my bag and shoes are laid.

Staying silent and keeping my heavy gaze on the floor, I reluctantly tug my shoes on before picking up my bag and slinging it over my shoulders. As I stand back up, I close my eyes tightly, taking a deep breath before forcing myself out the door and down the steps. I keep my gaze locked on the ground beneath me with every step I take, not wanting to look around at all of the different college students who are walking to and from places with their friends or boyfriends or girlfriends. I don't want to see any of them. I don't want to see anyone.

There is but one person that I long most to see, but I know that he's never coming back. Not after the way that he left. I can't blame him really, I truly am nothing special. It makes me wonder why he bothered to stick around so long in the first place, especially when everyone else around me wanted nothing to do with me.

Sighing softly, I glance over at the different building fronts and garages that I'm passing by as I make my way to campus. I notice different little spurts of graffiti on the walls inside of some of the alleyways that I pass by, causing me to walk slower to try and take a closer look without getting nearer. The different figures and shapes scattered on the walls in different colored paints are interesting, not your typical shapes or what you'd imagine someone would graffiti on a wall. Though, I freeze when I pass by a window of a certain shop just a short distance from campus.

My heart seems to grow cold and shatter at the sight, the window of a music store that has a beautiful dark wooden piano sat in the center of the small store. Spray painted on the window, dripping black wings with a splatter of dark red across the entire thing. On the edges of the wings, different bright vibrant colors outline them. And, if the wings themselves weren't enough to give away to me who at the very least made this, the little symbol at the bottom right corner of the window tells it all to me.

I have no idea why he's suddenly vandalizing shit, why he's suddenly in so much fucking pain, but it worries the hell out of me. I remember clear as day that he always felt that wings were a great representation of his sister, they'd always been the one thing that little angel was missing, he'd always say. His little heart shaped symbol something he always said as it explained his love for her, the line straight down the center showing that his heart was always made up of his own and the strength his sister always gave him.

Shaking my head at the sight before me with tears in my eyes, I stumble backwards until I've tripped off the curb and fallen onto my ass in the road.

What's happened that has my Tae so hurt suddenly?