Chapter Five

"I miss you. I miss us. I miss having someone to talk to whenever I wanted. But I know I have to move on because this is pointless."

Chapter Five

"Cute or not cute?" I asked, holding up a large Thrasher hoodie.

I watched as he looked at me before breaking out into a grin, "I swear to god, I have that exact same hoodie somewhere in my closet

I watched as he looked at me before breaking out into a grin, "I swear to god, I have that exact same hoodie somewhere in my closet. You can have it if you want."

"Really?" I question, suspicious about something, "What's the catch?"

"No catch." Jacob smirked before inching closer.

"There is no such thing as no catch with you, so spill." I muttered, placing the hoodie back on the rack.

"Can't a old friend give his best friend his sweatshirt just out of the kindness of his heart?" He smiled, causing the worker that had been walking around us to gasp.

I turned to her amused, before turning back with a look, "Yes, an old friend can do that but the problem is you aren't the normal type of best friend."

"Okay fine, I'm planning on throwing a pool party tomorrow and I need you to help me to convince both of our parents to get out of the house for the night." He shrugged, looking at me.

"No way." I deadpanned, "You're lying."

"Nope."

"Please tell me your ass didn't already send out invites." I prayed, closing my eyes before opening one to peak at Jacob's amusement.

"You know me so well." He laughed before tossing me a shirt, "Try this, it looks pretty."

"You're lucky you have a good sense in fashion Jacob." I replied as I walked to the dressing room with a couple other items, "It's the only reason you aren't strangled right now."

•••

I browsed through a couple of the bras before picking up three: one nude, one black, and one white.

I had lost Jacob about 20 minutes back as he got caught up with a group of people.

Naturally, I didn't want to intrude so I snuck out and made my way into Victoria's Secret.

I looked into the bag and sighed at the fact that I had accumulated a collection that would total to well over $100.

My eyes found a striking red piece but I turned away before taking a deep breath and heading to a section with a lace bra and underwear set.

I shrugged and tossed a size of the black lace set into my bag despite knowing that no one would even see me in it.

Who cares?

"Everleigh!" A familiar voice called out as I picked up a satin kimono.

I turned around only to find Jacob with a girl following him, "You remember Tiffany right?"

My brows furrowed together before turning to Jacob whose eyes told me to go with the flow before nodding.

I thought he had broke it off with her?

"Oh?" Tiffany smiled, "Aren't you that hoe that dated Ian?"

I shrugged as Jacob turned his head back fast enough to get whiplash, "What?"

"Excuse my language, it's just that she—"

"It's nothing—nice meeting you again Tiffany!" I replied before pulling Jacob away and into the lines.

I watched as her face curled into a smile before opting on her latter option between coming over to make a scene or leaving us to be.

"What was that all about?" Jacob asked, confused.

"Nothing." I answered, changing the subject, "I thought you said you broke it off with her?"

Jacob's eyes darkened before he shrugged it off, "I did, she wanted to follow me to see who I was with apparently."

I nodded as we stood together back in square one with the awkward phase.

The silence was killing me.

"Hi, I'm Vanessa!" The cashier's voice chirped as she began scanning my stuff, "How was your day today?"

"Great, thank you." I replied and I watched Jacob drift off further into the store.

"Is that all for you today?" She asked and I nodded, giving her my card.

In all honesty, it felt nice replacing all of my old clothes that I hadn't bothered wearing lately.

Living in a pair of shorts or sweats with the occasional jeans was all I could bring myself to do.

I lacked the energy to do otherwise.

"It always makes me happy when I see couples shopping together." The lady commented earning a look from me.

"We aren't dating." I replied, "We're just friends."

"Oh, I see." She responded, "Well now I'm all embarrassed. I must've put you in such an uncomfortable position!"

I shook my head, "It's all good."

She nodded before handing me the bag, "I should really keep my mouth shut these days. Have a nice day!"

"Thank you!" I replied, making my way to go find Jacob.

After weaving my way around the stands, I found Jacob looking at the same red lace set I had saw earlier.

"Not to sound weird or anything, but if you have an occasion in which you would need this," Jacob started, "I think red would look good on you."

"I don't wear red undergarments." I commented before smiling and gesturing to leave, "Let's go eat."

"Any reason why?" Jacob asked, following me out as he grabbed one of the many bags I had gathered.

I let the memory engulf me for a second as I stood paralyzed before shaking my head, "No, no reason."

•••

There you go!

Update!

This kinda makes me sad because this book doesn't get as much love as I wish it did :(

Regardless, how did you enjoy the chapter?

Remember to vote, comment, follow, and share!

-Anne

•••

Updated: 3•10•19

Updated: 3•10•19