I Think I Love Him

TRIGGER WARNING: slight abuse

Lately, I've been down in the dumps. It might be the seasonal depression, the winter made it very cold and it was also weighing down on me for some reason. My group of friends decided to try and do something nice for me, key word being tried.

They all set up a nice little get together with all my favorite things after school at a reserved park so it was nice and quiet.

So like a good friend, I went to the park and was prepared for one of them to come out and we were all gonna be happy. Only that didn't happen. What I wasn't prepared to see was my best friend and my crush (that she knew of) we're making out.

And it hurt, not as much as I thought it would though. They stopped only to look at me, and you wanna know what I did?

I screamed.

I screamed at them and at the world and at myself. At anything and anyone.

She just had a smug look on her face. He just stared though.

I looked at him and finally finally told him how I felt. Then I walked away, I couldn't handle being around her anymore.

She sucked, literally

I could hear footsteps coming after me, but did I stop to listen? No, no I did not. Only I should've.

The next day at school everyone was whispering and look at me like I was crazy, which I probably was but no one was going to understand.

I sat in the bathroom by myself all through lunch and kept my head down in the halls.

Only did I lift my head up when I felt a hand on my shoulder.

His kind and warming eyes burned into mine, and suddenly I couldn't breathe.

"What's happened?", He asked.

"Stuff.. Things. Really bad things", I said, not wanting to give my secrets to a stranger.

He let a small smile lay on his face, "Bad things happen all the time".

I nodded along

"My name's Dylan, yours?", he asked kindly

"I-It's [Y/N]", I answered, not wanting to seem rude.

He thought about it for a second and said my name aloud, not to anyone in particular though.

His hand still rested on my shoulder even though we were walking to class, "I have Biology next", I told him.

"Well let's go then!", He said, I assumed he had the same class

•••

After the school year ended, Dylan and I went off to do different things, as most college and/or high school friends do.

"Oh my god [Y/N] is that you?!", A voice turned me away from my current boyfriend.

"Uhm.. Babe who is this?", My boyfriend asked, emphasis on the word babe.