Chapter19

Maribell

I was standing in my mothers old powder room. What was I doing here.? This room no longer existed grandmother converted it into a sewing room for one of our seamstress. It had to be a dream, I'd been having many of my childhood recently some of things I had long forgotten each more informative than the previous.

Letting my subconscious lead the way I aimlessly walked around the grand room touching every piece of furniture to make sure this was a dream  not a hallucinating or another remodeling project of my grandmother's . They all felt so real. How is this possible?

"My dear go to papa and tell him you wish to gift your darling mother with a new gem" at the sound of my mothers voice I ripped my eyes away from the portrait I had previously been analyzing and focused on the scene in front of me. A dream, it was a dream.

There a few Meir feet away sat a younger version of myself and my mother. She had my face cradled in hers our eyes connected. She was smiling down  sweetly at me.

'Fake sweetness.' I turned to my left to see Celice standing next to me with the little boy in her arms. Her reward from the moon godess for her kindness, she would never be alone in her afterlife or so she claimed. I still found it hard to believe that she wasn't a figment of my subconscious an hallucination I had conjered up.

"But momma Papa said no more jewels" The younger version of my self reminded her. She hissed letting go of my face and stormed off.

I remembered now this happened the day after I choose my tiara. Celice's tiara and a few days before my father was murdered and I taken by the rebels.

'She was trying to compel you' Celice stated walking over to my younger self and taking me into her arms.

I watched my younger self shed a few tears before following my mother out of the room. The scene completely changed and I was in a pitch dark corridor. So dark that it was challenging to see clearly what was going on. I tried to move forward but it seemed as if my feet where cemented to the pavement. I could scarcely hear what was being discussed frustrating me even further but I clearly saw when she handed the clocked form some sort of payment. The clock form left and a younger Jaxton appeared next to our mother. They exchanged a few words before he nodded and scurried off. She was smirking behind her mourning veil. I closed my eyes trying to erase the image of my sinister looking smirking mother.

When I opened my eyes , the first thing I saw was Nikko's Green eyes filled with worried. He was sitting up  cradling me in his arms. I pulled my gaze away from his and scouted the room looking for any sign of danger my mind on high alert. That memory? Dream? had fogged my already jumbled mind.

"You were having a nightmare.There's no one here but us. Your safe Darling" he assured placing one of his hands under my chin and making me look at him. He asked about my dream but I brushed it off not wanting to worry him not when I myself did not know what to make of it. Instead I found myself looking at my mark on his sun  tanned golden skin. It was unlike any other mark I had ever seen a cresent moon with a moon flower cradeled in it with the initials M. C.S. with beaitiful swirls outlining the side of the moon.

"What time is it?" I asked pressing myself closer to him,   finding comfort in the warmth his body radiated.

"3 in the morning" he whispered kissing my temple and tightening his hold on me.

"They are expecting me for a fitting I did not realize I had fallen asleep for so long" I informed him still not moving from his embrace.

"It's late" was his adorable response. I laughed kissing his mark .

"Indeed.For you day walkers and for my kind but in different concept I am late for my fitting. I am sure the seamstress would like a few hours to work on my coronation ball gown before she retires for the night and the sun rises." I teased reluctantly pulling away from him and pulling on a bathrobe since my dress lay in  shatters  on the floor ,placing one last lingering kiss on his addicting lips I left his chambers and went to my own.