I inhaled sharply and opened my mouth again.

"Okay then, let me tell you a story. See, Y/N, when I was younger and Yoongi was in his teenage years, he got involved with some... bad people. His parents were going through a very heated divorce. I guess that the atmosphere at home just got the best of him, so he found some new friends on the streets, a place he could fit in. He took part in some minor crimes, nothing too severe. That was probably when he learned most of the skills he has now, but back then in his dark past he was using them for not so noble purposes."

Y/N gasped quietly and wiggled in her seat, the agitation visibly building up inside of her body.

"I had no idea. I guess it makes sense though, he just has that aura." She muttered, placing her chin on her palm.

"Yeah, he can be really scary." I nodded in agreement. "But he's very kind, caring and a loyal friend. He's always been like a protective older brother towards me. Perhaps a little bit too protective."

Y/N cleared her throat nervously.

"I don't understand what that has to do with Jaebum." She arched an eyebrow, taking a sip of the dark liquid in her coffee mug.

"You just have to be patient and listen. Well, in the end, I think Yoongi himself understood what he was getting into something wrong. Things escalated pretty quickly when he was almost charged for drug dealing. It became clear at the end of the investigation that it wasn't him, but one of the other guys from his little group who tried to frame him. It was even more controversial, given that at the time Yoongi's father was Head of the Police Department. Can you imagine the scandal? That's when something in him snapped and he decided he didn't want anything to do with this world anymore."

Y/N nodded slowly, narrowing her eyes at me and knitting her eyebrows.

"That must have been hard."

"It was." I agreed, crossing my legs. "My point was, during the time Yoongi spent in the underground world, he got to make his acquaintance with a lot of people. Some of these people are very powerful and well-known in the outside world."

Y/N covered her mouth with her small hand in disbelief.

"Taehyung, did Yoongi send some of his old friends after Jaebum? Did he order them to... hurt him?"

"Again, too much crime TV." I rolled my eyes. "After he told me he ran into Jaebum trying to hurt you again, and in a public place at that, I had the irresistible urge to go to him and kill him myself." I gritted my teeth. "I was lucky that Yoongi was there to stop me. He offered to ask some of his old gang friends to help. I don't think they'll hurt him. They'll probably just make some threats and scare him. They've got their own reasons to be angry with him as well."

"What do you mean?" Y/N asked me, giving me a puzzled look after hearing that last sentence.

I rubbed the back of my neck nervously, not really sure if I wasn't giving away too much information.

"Y/N, Lim Jaebum comes from a family with a significant reputation in the illegal drug trade." I deadpanned.

Y/N's expression froze, her fingers clenched on the seat of the armchair as her jaw dropped in disbelief.

"Jaebum's a d-drug dealer?" She stuttered.

I shook my head.

"No, he's not. Drug dealers are at the bottom of the hierarchy. Jaebum's the son of Lim Jiyoung, the person that's in charge of the whole drug trafficking, one of the biggest bosses in South Korea. Jaebum's practically the heir of the whole dynasty."