EIGHT

You can't change anything unless you can discard part of yourself too. To surpass monsters, you must be willing to abandon your humanity.❞ ㅡ Armin Arlet

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

Chapted eight:

I'D FIND YOU

Her lips were pursed, her eyebrows furrowed, her eyes narrowed in a glare full of hatred. 

As she was forced to sit on a wooden chair, her teeth gritted in utter irritation. Soon, the three robbers to which she had vow temporary loyalty had been dragged to similar spots. Her sister fidgeted on her seat, evidently uncomfortable and anxious, while glancing at her surroundings. Besides her, a wary Farlan was staring at Erwin Smith, possibly searching for a way out of such unfortunate situation.

And then, there was Levi. He was anything but disturbed, by the looks of it; which unnerved Galene beyond belief. His back was straightened, legs crossed one over another, and his expression was so calm he could have been sleeping.

As if feeling her attention on him, his eyes snapped to hers before averting towards Erwin Smith. Said man was standing behind his desk, arms crossed over his chest as he observed them closely.

As silence prevailed within the place, Galene gave free rein to her curiosity and drifted her attention to her surroundings. An eyebrow arched at the sight of so many bookshelves, all of which made of a dark shade of wood. However, other than that, the room held no interest to her whatsoever ㅡ it was rather simple, oddly enough. As a matter of fact, the woman had expected his office to be more... princely.

She was not to blame though, for the man looked like someone who had been taken out of a castle in the mountains and forced to live down there with peasants. With his overly-slimy, blond hair and a pair of sharp, blue eyes; anyone could mistake him for a prince.

A smirk formed on her lips as she noticed how irritated he seemed to be. He also looks in need to get laid.

"Did you really think I didn't know what you were doing?" Erwin asked. "There is a reason as to why I've brought you here. No one will deny the fact that you are unbelievably talented. However, I don't tend to go looking for strays in the Underground City."

While Isabel and Farlan exchanged a look, Galene had suddenly found her nails quite intriguing. She choked on her saliva, however, when the least expected person in the room spoke.

"There is a reason as to why we decided to accept your offer and come here, as well. And it wasn't because that idiot" ㅡLevi pointed at herㅡ "got hurt."

Indignation coursed through her at his confession, and she would've jumped down his throat had she not been tied to the chair. "Is this why I've risked my ass out here? If I knew you were going to rat us out, I would've left this fucking place a long time ago!"

"And go where?" Levi was not fazed by her short outburst as he met her eyes evenly. "He already knows, so what's the fucking point?"

Her glare didn't leave his face, but she didn't speak her thoughts. She was fuming; angry and disappointed with her lack of judgement. Had she listened to her heart, she would've fled the place ㅡ like she had told Levi. She should have trusted her past experiences when it came to making deals and forming alliances, instead of letting a ray of hope fill her head with butterflies. 

"That's enough," voiced Erwin. "Nothing good will come from fighting."

Galene eventually receded, but not without sending Levi one last glare that he returned with a look of... disappointment? She couldn't decipher the expression in his eyes, nor did she care about it.