Chapter 18

Mikuni then spoke out with a villainous and devilish smirk and an evil glint in his eyes,"Now then, judge their sins fairly, my fair lady."

The noose on their necks tightened and it was suddenly suffocating as they started coughing out and their body felt heavier and their necks became redder, shocking everybody in the room, even Mikuni himself.

"H-Hey, Eve of Envy! Stop w-whatever you're doing to them! They're choking!" Hugh ordered but Mikuni didn't hear him and was watching with shock and confusion written on his face, both which are rare emotions that the blonde never showed.

Why were they suffocating?

His lead only worked on sinners and not the innocents. His fair lady would judge people fairly and not judge based on appearances, he knew that of course and he believed in her no matter what because she was the weighing scale to measure sins.

So why were they suffocating?

This was how his lead worked:

If he were to summon his lead on a sinner, meaning someone who has done heinous crimes, their sins would weigh down on them and if it was only one sinner at a time, Abel would be on the other end and become heavier based on how heavy their sins were and they would suffocate.

They would eventually die of asphyxiation if he didn't stop too, so it was really dangerous.

And if there were two people that his fair lady was judging on the same time, the one with the heavier sins would weigh down the other and choke him, adding on to the guilt, and the survivor would choke too because Abel would then judge him.

However, if the victim was innocent, Abel would be as light as a feather and they would leave unscathed and move on with their merry lives.

Usually, the heinous sins the sinner would have committed must be super grave like killing someone and not just small sins.

If it was small, then they wouldn't suffocate that much, if not, then not at all.

However, Mahiru and Licht were really suffocating right now and they were choking harshly with their mouths frothing, meaning that their sins must have been super grave.

But these two shouldn't have such grave sins!

They were still 16 and 18, and he was sure that their Servamps did all the killing for them and the housewife would never ever dare to even maim or stab someone because he was too innocent!

So why were they choking so badly?!

The noose's grip tightened even more, causing more pain to Licht and Mahiru as their mouths frothed and tears were rolling down their eyes; they struggled to get free but that was hard when their feet weren't even touching the ground.

Their hands went up to their necks to scratch at the rope, trying to get it off but to no avail and they were desperately trying to blink the dark spots in their eyes away.

If the darkness completely overwhelmed his eyes then it would be game over and they weren't even sure they would see the daylight again.

Mahiru was gasping, gagging, and for some reason when he craned his neck to look at Licht too, it was as if Licht was a bit lighter than him and that the raven was slightly higher in the air than him.

Was he that heavy or what? But Licht should be heavier than him in every circumstances... He was taller and more athletic after all, so he himself should be the lighter one...

Mikuni could only stare at them (Licht was higher in the air than Mahiru... so Mahiru's sins were heavier...but that didn't make sense!) but was snapped out of his daze when Kuro grabbed him by the shoulders and shook him,"RELEASE THEM! I SWEAR, RELEASE THEM RIGHT NOW!"