out of reach

Kim Mariz rushed towards the bathroom and went directly to the sink.

Afterwhich, she went back to the bedroom where she slept for that night.

She sat on the bed and stared at the ceiling when Suho entered the room after knocking.

Joonmyeon:
    "You're up. Let's go down and have breakfast."

Mariz didn't say anything. She just looked at him and nodded.

Joonmyeon:
    "You looked very hungry. C'mon."

Mariz:
    "I feel sick."

Joonmyeon smiled at her as he approached and held her hand.

Joonmyeon:
    "Don't worry. Everything's gonna be okay. For now, you should eat."

Mariz sighed as she followed Joonmyeon. And yes, she was very hungry.

---

Mariz was very silent as they had breakfast. Aside from being devastated since what happened that night, she felt ill.

Joonmyeon:
   "Hey, you okay?"

Mariz nodded.

Mariz:
   "Probably the rain last night. Thanks for letting me stay for a night."

Joonmyeon:
    "Stay as long as you like, Mariz ssi. You know you are very welcome in ky house. You know how much I wanted you to be a part of me."

Mariz was used to hearing him confess his feelings to her. But maybe that time was for her to give him a chance. After all, Namjoon hated her.

She put down her spoon and stared at the ring around her finger. It may be her fault but sure Namjoon hurt her so bad.

Joonmyeon:
   "I shouldn't be saying those especially what happened to you and Namjoon. I'm sorry, Mariz ssi."

Mariz shook her head and forced a smile. Then she stood from her seat and washed her hands.

Mariz:
   "Thanks for the breakfast. I should get going."

But before she could walk away from the counter, Joonmyeon slowly hugged her from behind.

Joonmyeon:
   "I'm here for you, Mariz ssi. I'm ready to give you everything that you want. Just ~ love me back. Marry me."

Because he too wanted to marry a Kim. But would Kim Mariz dreamt of marrying a man like Kim Joonmyeon?

Mariz pulled herself away from him. She turned to face him and gave Joonmyeon a sweet smile. She just couldn't give Joonmyeon what he was asking for.

Mariz:
   "Thanks for your kindness, Suho. I need to go."

----

Meanwhile ~

Park Jimin crossed his arms as he tried to talk to Kim Namjoon. The latter was on his office chair, keeping himself busy at work.

Jimin:
   "Hyung, can we talk as friends and not as business partners?"

Namjoon slammed his hands on the table and stood with his annoyed face.

Namjoon:
   "Go ahead, Jimin. Tell me what you need. Don't waste my time."

Jimin sighed. He knew he was at fault too but he only tried to take side to their relationship. Especially that the two were in love with each other.

Jimin:
   "I'm sorry, hyung. I just don't want you to end up like me. Lonely because I can't have the woman I love. Or at least not yet."

Namjoon scoffed in disbelief.

Jimin:
   "Listen to me first. Just listen to me. I know, we all know you really still love her even before she rejected your wedding proposal. And I don't want to further talk about that matter. So when I found out that she faked that incident, and she came at your house to ask help and for you to accept her, I thought forgetting about her lies could save your relationship. I know how much it hurts, hyung. To be far away from the one you wanna spend your whole life with."

Jimin sighed. He knew. Because of Iza.

Jimin:
    "I was thinking, she just really want you back. So I --"

Namjoon interrupted Jimin.

Namjoon:
   "She did it out of revenge. She just wanted to hurt me. She made me believe of how happy we could be and then just leave me again. She just want to destruct me."

Jimin was shocked. He didn't know Mariz had those plans for his Namjoon hyung.

Namjoon:
    "She signed a contract under Kim Joonmyeon's label."

Namjoon ssi! That was before Mariz had that 'plans' of taking her revenge or whatever to you. Boi she explained how she dropped anything just for you.

But of course, though you knew, you would focus on what hurt you most. When she lied to you. Because you were hurt and maybe irrational.

Jimin didn't say anything. He just sighed and tapped his friend's shoulder.

Jimin:
   "Call me whenever you need anything. And by the way, your Commercial together with Miss Kim Mariz for Park Airlines is still on queue."

Namjoon just smirked. He thought it would never happen due to the event.

Jimin:
     "And ~ please use your heart this time. Your brain could sometimes be so dominating that you forget your heart exists."

Namjoon was struck from his dongsaeng's words. Maybe he was too consumed by his anger. Or maybe he made the right decision.

~~~~

Namjoon received a text message from Mariz that day. Though he didn't pick up her calls, Mariz still wanted to reach him.

Nam, I'll be waiting at our favorite cafeteria at 4:00. Please come."

Namjoon deleted her message. He turned off his phone and went back to working.

That afternoon, he decided to go to the field and check some of the construction sites under his company.

His employees were looking for his so called fiancee. They were telling him how lucky he was to have her as a future wife. He couldn't answer rather than his smile.

- It was already evening when he read Mariz's messages. She waited for him until 7 pm. And Namjoon didn't show up.

Kim Namjoon was thinking about how hard it was for him when he got rejected by Kim Mariz in public. Starting from the time she arrived from UK. How she lied to him and her plans of just hurting him.

He too was hurt.

Namjoon:
    "I guess this is what Karma feels like."

________________________

TGU OUT :(