07. Into the Night

Začať od začiatku

"I rather she not," I replied curtly.

It took all that I had to flee from my so-called mother. Such a thought of going back to a place of torment never crossed my mind ever since that day of escaping.

I already strategized on giving everything up if I were to ever come in contact with the devil again. It was a poorly planned out strategy but it'll do. That is, until I think of something better.

Not to my surprise, Jungkook was a man with poor temper. I didn't flinch when a cold object was suddenly placed on my temple.

"My fingers are very itchy right now," Jungkook gritted.

"So relieve the itch," I responded as I directed my eyes to look at him. The new angle had the gun pressed perfectly in between my eyebrows.

"Hey, hey now," the driver interrupted. "Put the gun down Kook."

"The bitch is really tempting me, Hoseok," the madman retorted, and pressed the barrel more densely against me.

I wanted to beg him at this point to pull it, but the rational part of my brain contradicted with the idea.

A few seconds went by unchanging as we stay frozen in the same position. Unmoving, the both of us stay there, not batting an eye until Jungkook frustratingly retracted his weapon.

Only to then aim and shoot at the spot next to me.

My eyes widened at the deafening sound.

Never mind, I was not ready to die.

"Jeon, what the fuck!" A voice shrieks. "You monkey! Don't scare your elder like this!"

Jeon ignored him.

"One day," Jungkook grinned madly. "I'll make sure to have the satisfaction of killing you."

Jimin slapped the back of Jungkook's head with a scowl. "No, you're not. What is wrong with you, she's such a sweet girl!"

Jungkook rolled his eyes. "You say that and all of them ended up in a ditch."

"He's not wrong..." Jimin laughed cutely at me and I stared back in disbelief.

This man's duality is quite... frightening.

"Yeah, yeah. Now you're scari—" Taehyung suddenly lurched forward as one of the window's explode.

"What the fuck!" He yelled, holding his head.

"Fuck, fuck!" Hoseok cursed as the car staggered.

"Code motherfucking red!" He shouted amidst the sounds of windows breaking and bullets flying. "Y'all better shoot up some fuckers right now or I'll drive us off a cliff!" 

Everyone immediately snapped to their senses and retrieved their variety of weapons.

Taehyung, who's doing better now, was situated at my left and Jungkook—the very repulsive man—to my right. The rest take their positions at any open windows.

"Stay down, Scarlet. I don't wanna be cleaning your brain guts off the floors tomorrow." Taehyung shouted.

I scrunched up my face and shouted back, "Why even bother? I don't think this van would be in any use after this!"

A cold hand is placed on the back of my neck and forced me down towards a familiar chest.

"Shut up, Miss smart mouth. You're so goddamn annoying," Jungkook hissed

"O-okay." I stuttered.

"Namjoon! Now is not the time to play with your Spongebob Rubik's cube!" Jin snarled, ducking every now and then to shoot out the window.

"I'm trying to activate it!" Namjoon huffed as his fingers worked fast on the toy.

"There you fucking go!" He happily exclaimed when a beeping sounded and immediately threw the device outside. "Hit the accelerator, Hoseok!"

There was a moment of silence before a loud explosion pierced through the dark road.

"Yeah baby!" Namjoon fist pumped the air. "Didn't know if it'd work or not but there ya go."

"Dumb ass bitch could've got us killed," Yoongi murmured. "Sometimes I don't understand why he's the brain of this group."

In the middle of all the commotion, I was removed from the safety of Jungkook's chest and into hazardousness of the flying bullets.

An ache shocked through my body and I look down to see a dart lodged into my shoulder.

"Uh... guys?" I shouted and grimaced. "Think I might've got hit?"

I smiled and pointed to my shoulder. "At least not my brains, heh?"

━━━━━━

This chapter is a mess and so am I. But hi guys! I'm still on hiatus but came back to publish this chapter that has been in my draft since forever. I've noticed Rain has received so much attention and I'm OMG! I didn't know this would happen so thank you so so so so much!

This chapter is more of comedy since my chapters really depend on my mood. But it also showcases my character's personality aside from that big bad wolf exterior.

Anyway, I'll be back soon! Hopefully.

Chapter 8 will be unlocked once this chapter has at least 50 votes. Thank you. (๑・̑◡・̑๑)

Please stay safe from the COVID-19 everyone! Wash your hands regularly!!!