Chapter 15: Family Time

Start from the beginning

"You're just jealous he hasn't been hanging out with you as often." I smirked. Thane, Lucas and Beau were all best friends, while everyone called Thane 'alpha', Lucas and Beau simply referred to him by his given name.

"Hey! You stole my best friend." He pointed at me while looking hurt.

"Get yourself a mate Beau." I laughed.

"I'm starting to think I'm a lone wolf." He said brushing a nonexistent tear from under his eye. Beau was the same age as me, 19. While it's not uncommon for a wolf to not meet his mate after three years, it was strange as he was the Delta and they typically find their mates pretty easily to carry on their bloodline. And I knew he was worried that he would never find her.

"Maybe she saw you and got blinded by your ugliness." I smirked as I poked at his ego.

He glared at me, "How dare you? I'm the most attractive wolf in this pack."

"You mean the cutest." Thane said pinching Beau's cheek as he came to join our banter.

Thane was still jealous of Beau and I was still jealous of Abigail and the girls and who Thane had to help train. But Thane was slightly less jealous because I made him realize that Beau and I were frienemies, plus he kept a keen eye on us and Beau was commanded not to touch me.

By 'command', I mean Alpha command. If Thane Alpha commanded anyone then they physically and mentally can't oppose him and they are forced to submit. It seemed terrible but Thane hardly ever used it unless it was to stop every male from looking or touching me, even if it's a simple handshake.

I on the other hand just kept getting more and more jealous. Thane didn't make in any easier because every time he was out on the field with us he would take off his shirt. I mean almost all of the guys did, but they weren't my mate and Thane was getting me distracted. It was a great sight but I would've preferred if it was just for my eyes, not the hungry mate-less eyes of the rest of women on the field.

None of them gave me a hatred or envious look but it did boil my blood that he just stood there oblivious to all their gawking. I sound clingy but I wasn't going to deny that over the past two weeks I could actually feel our mate bond strengthening. It may be lust but it was some strong attraction.

"Oh great, two against one, how is this even fair?" Beau complained as he threw his hands in the air in exaggeration and walked away.

"I think he's going to miss me annoying him." I said with a laugh as I stared at his retreating figure.

Thane let out a low growl and I knew I rattled his cage. "He wouldn't unless he wants his ass handed to him."

I looked up at him as he glared at Beau. "I don't think I reject to that actually."

Thane turned to me with a wide grin, "I knew we were paired for a reason."

Rolling my eyes at him I changed the subject, "I think that he misses you." I gestured to Beau as Thane pulled me closer to him.

We got accustomed to touching each other these past few weeks. We haven't kissed or anything like that, but I sensed that my presence kept Thane calmed whenever he was angry or stressed. It made me felt important to him and I didn't mind snuggling with him on the couch. He always respected my space and ensured that I was okay with him pulling me closer, holding my hand or kissing my forehead.

"I know but things have just been a little harder around here." He sighed and I could feel him tensing up.

"What do mean?" I asked as I placed my hands on his shoulder in a concerned gesture.

"It's nothing. I don't want you to worry." He said tightening his hands around me.

"Thane, you once told me that we are equals in leading this pack. I wouldn't know how to help if you wouldn't tell me anything." I said pulling out of his arms.