t w e l v e - boys have cooties, right?

Start from the beginning

"He's just a really good friend of mine," I nodded, the smile never leaving my lips.

"Well it seems like he likes you," she concluded, shrugging again.

"I don't know about that," I shook my head with a chuckle.

"I'll talk to him if I ever see him again," she put a hand on my shoulder and reassured me.

"Alright, Gracie-girl," I smiled at her. "Barbie's or tea party?"

She jumped up with a grin and yanked on my arm, trying to pull me up off the floor. "Snack time!" She squealed.

I laughed at her enthusiasm, but nodded anyway and followed her down the stairs to the kitchen, glitter falling behind with every step we took.

▪️▫️▪️

Blair grabbed onto my arm and steered me to the store that's off to the left. I tried my best not to groan anymore because I promised at the beginning of this shopping trip that I'd cooperate. But Blair makes that a little hard.

It's not that I don't like shopping; I'm actually very fond of fashion and buying new clothes. The problem is with my best friend. Blair is a whole different story because she can't make a decision between two things that look exactly the same. And she has to try on everything.

Shopping with her is a tedious, annoying process. So you can imagine my excitement when she begged me to come dress shopping for the Snow Ball with her.

It's a few hours later after I've gotten done babysitting Gracie, so now there's exactly two weeks until the dance. We haven't gone looking at dresses before this, so we're trying our best to find the right one and get out of here because the mall is filled with Christmas shoppers.

We've been in four different stores already and there's only two other ones in this mall that sell nice, formal dresses. Not to mention, they have to be either black or white.

"I think I've decided on wearing white," Blair muttered quietly as she searched through a rack of dresses.

"At least you finally picked a color," I mused, vaguely browsing with her.

She nudged my arm and scoffed. "This is a big deal! It's the last big dance before our senior Prom, and then it's done. Nothing like this will happen ever again," she spoke in a serious tone, which just made me laugh.

"Blair, you need to chill. It's a freaking dance called the Snow Ball," I shook my head, stopping to look at a black dress. Obviously I'll be wearing black because like I said, Blair is day and I'm night. The sun and the moon.

"Just shut up and help me decide," she sneered, snatching up a pile of dresses in her arms and marching towards the dressing rooms in the back. With a chuckle, I followed her as she stepped into one of the rooms on the end and I leaned against the wall outside of it, waiting for her. "So what else did you guys do last night? Anything?" Her voice echoed over the door.

"Nothing," I shrugged, picking at my nails. I told her earlier about last night with Josh, and how we went out to eat, went back to my house and that was it. But obviously, she wants more details that I clearly don't have because nothing really happened.