s e v e n - don't you dare call me that

i'll never let you go
if you promise not to fade a w a y . . .

▪️▫️▪️

Telling Blair about Josh asking me out is one thing. Telling my parents is another. They're about as excited as she is.

I think everyone else is more excited than I am about this night out with Josh.

When the following Saturday approached me, my mom couldn't have asked me more questions. About Josh, about where we're going, about my outfit. Every single detail had to be discussed. Blair joining us didn't help either.

"Honey, tell me more about him! Is he going to stop in and talk with us before you go?" My mom pestered me for more information.

"Mom, it's not like you're meeting my boyfriend, so hopefully he won't get out of the car. But he's pretty polite and has manners, so he might want to say hello and talk about the Beatles for a little while," I shrugged, trying not to roll my eyes. I'm pretty sure if I keep rolling my eyes, they'll end up in the back of my head.

"He is super polite," Blair nodded along with my statement, causing a grin to spread across both my parents faces. "He really is. He's probably one of the nicest guys in our class."

"Yes, he's really nice. But it's not a date so everyone can stop freaking out," I sighed.

"Vicky, my love, I told you that we'd be excited if anything did happen between you and a boy. And the fact that it's a handsome boy who has great taste in music makes it even better!" My mom gushed.

"Mom."

"It's normal for you to be feeling torn between wanting to date and not wanting to date. It's new to you and you're unsure of what to think," my dad started on his typical therapeutic speech. "You know, when-"

"Alright, I'm leaving now," I cut him off with a chuckle. "I have to get ready, it's already quarter-to-seven and he's coming at seven-thirty."

I stood up from my chair and Blair popped up too, following me to the door to go inside. The four of us had been sitting out on my back deck, talking about this stupid outing with Josh for the past however many hours.

"Try to look presentable! Not like you're going to a rock concert. He's a classy rich boy, after all," my mom called after me.

"Okay," I sang with a smirk.

There's no way in hell I'm changing myself to impress this kid.

Blair and I ventured up the stairs and to my room, as she laid down on my bed while I went to my closet to search for a different shirt. She kept her mouth shut for a little while, not pestering me about tonight anymore which I'm thankful for. Between her and my parents, I couldn't handle it for much longer.

I decided to keep on my ripped jeans and I picked out a white and red ringer tee instead for my top. After I changed into it, I touched up my makeup and ruffled my hair around a bit to make it just the way I wanted it. I slid into my old, checkered slip-on Vans, grabbed my denim jacket for another layer because I know I'll probably get cold, and I was done.

"You ready?" Blair looked up at me when I spun around to face her.

"Yup," I nodded with a grin. I watched her eyes go from my head to my toes, analyzing my outfit choice.

"You look cute," she finally nodded with a warm smile. "Casual, but cute."

"Thanks," I shrugged, smirking at her.