Tomorrow

Katyas pov:
I couldn't help but smile to myself as I got a couple of muffins from the cafeteria. I don't know what it is about Trixie but she just made me so happy last time. I quickly got a couple of juices before I made my way to Trixies room. I do feel bad that she can't get out and about on other days, but that's why I'm here right?

I knocked on the door and heard a soft come in before I opened the door and smiled at Trixie. She looked really comfortable with soft pink blankets all around her, she even had a cute Dolly Parton hoodie on as she waved at me a bit tiredly.

"Hey, I didn't know if you had breakfast yet or not but I got muffins" I said as I came over to her and pulled a chair up to her bed. She smiled seeing them and made a grabby motion wanting one.

"Oooo I haven't had breakfast yet thank youuuu, sorry if I'm a bit exhausted, I had to get up earlier for stupid testing again" she stuck her tongue out as she took her muffin.

"It's fine I get it, what time did you get up?" I asked taking a bite of mine. She looked disgusted as she took the wrapper off her muffin when I said that.

"Around four, my mom always wants to do it early so I can get it out of the way, but after we're done I can't go back to sleep" she took a bite of her muffin and smiled holding it close to her.

"Man that must suck ass, why does your mom make you? Not like she can do anything" she giggled and I looked at her confused before she continued.

"My mom is a nurse here ding dong, so she can do something about it. So she makes sure she does all my stuff in the morning, go to other patients, and then before I go to sleep do my stuff again. It's a cycle basically" she shrugged grabbing one of the juices.

"Well fuck me im learning new things everyday aren't i" she laughed and lightly pushed my shoulder as I laughed with her.

"Oh my god! I can't with you!" She giggled as I smiled innocently at her. It feels so weird cause I feel like I've known her for years, yet I only just met her yesterday. But we have such a good connection already that it's kinda scary.

"So what does your mom do?" Trixie asked curiously as she took a sip of her juice. I sighed and played with my muffin wrapper a bit thinking about it.

"I really don't know....I haven't seen her for a while though...I mean my family really doesn't visit me except my sister...she's probably the only one that really cares honestly..." I felt Trixies hand on my shoulder and I looked up to see her look at me sadly.

"I'm really sorry about that kat...your sister sounds like a really good sibling though..." I nodded thinking about her. She's the complete opposite of me but she's a complete badass. My parents didn't like her style and her new boyfriend so she got kicked out. But she always made a promise to me that whenever something bad happened to call her. So right now she's the one really paying all the medical bills for me and I feel bad about it since she has to work around the clock to support herself and me.

"Yeah...she's the best sister I could ever ask for...I just wish I could see her often ya know" Trixie nodded understandably and rubbed my back a bit.

"But..at least now we're here for each other?" I smiled softly and nodded relaxing under her touch. I felt the same feeling from yesterday and it's really messing with me cause I have no idea what it is.

"God I'm still not over you getting up at four, how are you still awake right now?" Trixie giggled and shrugged as she pulled another blanket over her shoulders and snuggled into her bed.

"I dunno really, I would love to take a nap but I don't wanna leave you all alone here" I smiled up at her and looked into her eyes. They were still bright but they were ready to close and go to sleep any second now.

"Don't worry about it, you probably need it right now if your drugged up and all" she smiled and pulled the rest of the covers over her.

"I'm reallllly drugged up if I'm gonna be honest with you, I'm on so many pain meds" she giggled giving me a tired smile.

"Then take a nappppp, I don't want you to try and stay awake for me that's just being mean to yourselfffff" she pouted at me as she hugged a small pink heart pillow.

"Then why don't you take a nap with meeee, that way you don't have to be alone and I can resttttt" I thought about it for a bit and agreed. I got up earlier then usual today and I doubt a nap would really hurt.

"Alright that sounds good, lemme just try and set up this couch for myself then" I went to get up and go to the couch but Trixie grabbed my shirt before I could do anything.

"Noooo the couch isn't comfortableeee, just cmere" I turned around and watched Trixie scoot over and make a spot before patting her hand on it. I blushed softly as I looked at it.

"Are you sure? I don't wanna make you feel squished or anything" I said looking back up at her. She patted the spot again insisting I lie down.

"Kat the bed is big enough for the two of us, just get over here and take a nap with me damnit, plus my blankets are all nice and warmmmm" I couldn't really say no to that, so finally after Trixie insisting I climb in I did.

I do admit it was pretty warm, I might have to steal some of her blankets at some point. We finally got comfortable and I smiled seeing her eyes slowly close.

"Sleep tight kat, hope you have good dreamssss" she mumbled hugging her pillow more.

"I hope you sleep well, don't let the bed bugs bite Barbra" I whispered and she softly giggled as I close my eyes about to drift off to sleep.

But before I let the darkness consume me I felt Trixie put her head on my chest softly. I don't know why but it just felt so right to me. And that's when I realized something.

The feeling I've been having isn't the happiness of making a new friend, I'm falling in love with this girl and I'm falling hard...