Chapter 24

Jimin POV

Laying here on the bed in pain, I look up at Jungkook and wait for an answer. As much as I didn't want to ask the question, as much as I honestly don't even want to hear the answer, it was the only starting question I could think of and Jungkook is still clearly too timid to fucking start the damn conversation himself. He just stands there for a moment though, looking down at me with saddened eyes from my question.

"I didn't want to leave you to begin with, Jimin. I just... I didn't know what the hell to do with the fucking bet being in place. I don't want to just be some bet to anyone, Jimin. I didn't want to just stay there when it became so fucking unclear whether any of what we did or had meant anything to you. Because it fucking meant something to me. I... that doesn't mean that I don't still care about you though." His tone is fairly soft and gentle the entire time as he speaks, eyes on me the entire time.

Though, his answer more so pisses me off than anything. He doesn't really want to be here. He doesn't even believe that I ever had any sort of feelings for him. He thinks it all was just a bunch fun and games for me. Because that's why the fuck I gave up and sadly ended myself up here instead of a fucking grave.

"Then why the fuck are you here, Jungkook?" I scoff, looking away from him and over towards the heart monitor. I can see and feel my heartbeat increasing, my stomach churning violently with the conversation being had and the pain of the drugs still very much in effect. None of it matters though. None of it. I don't even have any reason to be here.

"I still care about you, Jimin. A-and I should've let you explain. Y-Yoongi called Namjoon while we w-were at lunch and told us we needed to go find you before y-you fucking tried- Jimin, please. I'm so sorry." Jungkook whimpers out, causing me to roll my eyes. I can feel myself growing tired again, wanting nothing more than to curl up and sleep and never wake the fuck back up again. I know that won't happen though, not while I'm here.

"Yeah? You came cause Yoongi told you I tried to fucking overdose? What else did he tell you, huh? Clearly something in there got to ya since you're suddenly no longer fucking questioning whether any of that was real or not, Jungkook. What'd he say?" I challenge, growing colder as I do when I'm upset. I hear him choke out a sob, but don't bother looking over at him.

I know I'd questioned earlier when I woke up, if this had all been real or not. It's clearly fucking real though, and if not, I'm in a shitty hell. And I don't know which one would be worse at this point.

"Jiminie, please. I'm sorry. He didn't even tell me that much. He told me that he was the one who came up with the bet, because he wanted to try and keep us apart. He said that you didn't want the bet to begin with, that everything was fucking real to you.-"

"What difference does it make when it's all over now? Clearly it doesn't matter. You're still hurting and in pain, and probably still questioning what the truth is. I'd rather just fucking die already. There's no fucking point." I cut him off dryly in a quiet tone. Jungkook falls silent for a moment, his gaze still burning holes into me though.

"Yoongi said that I should get to know the real you. That you've been holding back and hiding a lot of stuff from everyone that only he knows. He said that it helps connect a lot of the dots that didn't originally line up correctly. Jiminie, I... I really love you, and I want this to work out, I really want to fix this with you. I never wanted to lose you in the first place. I... I can't do that though, if it's not what you want and if you won't talk things through with me. I understand about the bet now, even if I had to figure out the truth of it the hard way. I'm sorry for not listening before, baby. But I'm ready to listen now, and I wanna hear everything that you have to say. Please, Jimin. Please don't keep pushing me away. I really don't want to lose you. You're the only thing I've had in my life that was actually stable and made me genuinely happy. And I'm sorry for tossing that all away before."