Chapter 4

Jungkook POV

As our last class finally comes to an end, a small smile appears on my lips. Schools finally over for the day, and now I can maybe see if I'll be able to really make some friends. It's sad that it's the first fucking time I'd actually be able to accomplish such a feat, but I'm just glad I have the opportunity right now.

"Jimin, are you doing anything after school today?" I ask curiously as I slip my last notebook into my bag that I've brought onto my lap. He barely spares me a glance as he tosses his own notebook in his bag before standing up.

"Sorry, Jungkookie. I'm afraid I'm busy after school most days. If you catch me at the right time though, I can be free occasionally on the weekends, if you're looking to meet up." Jimin answers with his seemingly ever present smirk, shooting me a wink. My heart sinks a bit in my chest at his answer, feeling my cheeks warm from his seemingly constant flirting.

"That's okay. I-I can find others to hangout with. I've just not been around here for long and you're just kinda the one person I've actually really been around today." I respond, rubbing the back of my neck nervously. He just chuckles, reaching out and ruffling my hair.

"You can always go hang with my crew, sweetheart. I'm sure they'd love to get to know you more as well. Wish I could join you boys. Just don't have too much fun without me, yeah?" Jimin tells me before walking away.

Feeling my cheeks turn a few shades darker than they already were, I sigh and stand up as well. Slinging my bag over my shoulder, I glance around the room to see if Jimin's still here or if I can spot the three boys I'd been introduced to over lunch.

"Jungkook, right?" Namjoon hyung speaks up as he suddenly appears in front of me. Growing shy for whatever reason at the knowledge of this being one of Jimin's friends, I nod my head with a small smile.

"Yoongi, Hoseok, and I are gonna head off to a park nearby. You wanna join us?" He offers with a smile. I bite my lip once again, running a hand through my hair.

"I don't want to intrude on your guys time." I answer quietly, despite wanting to be around all of them more and wanting to get to know them better. Namjoon shakes his head though, patting my shoulder before motioning for me to come along.

"Nah, you're good. You'd only be intruding if you had invited yourself along. Besides, we'd all like to get to know you better." Namjoon argues lightly. Sighing quietly, I find myself at a loss for any other real reason not to join them, giving him a small smile as I shrug slightly.

"Okay. I guess I'm good with that then." I answer softly. He just grins at me, tossing an arm around my shoulder before leading me over to the other two boys.

"There's our newest addition! So, how was your first day here?" Hoseok greets with a smirk as we all begin to head towards the door.

"It was alright, I suppose." I respond quietly, not really knowing what else to say.

"How're you liking our Jiminie?" Yoongi asks, a smirk on his own lips as well. I feel my cheeks heat up a little from the question, trying to ignore it and hoping the others won't notice or at least say anything about it. However, my luck seems to run short quite quickly.

"Aww, Jungkook's blushing!" Hoseok nearly cheers, nudging me in a teasing manner. This only causes my cheeks to fall darker shades of red as I lower my head slightly.

"Jimin's alright. He seems really kind, but he's also really outgoing." I answer honestly. They all chuckle at my response, shaking their heads at me.

"He's really not that outgoing, Jungkook. He just knows what he wants when he wants something. He actually tends to stick closely to the three of us most times, so clearly you're an exception to this." Yoongi chuckles, glancing over at me. My eyes widen a little at this, running a hand through my hair as I try to collect my thoughts.

"Aw, look what ya did, hyung! You've got him all tongue tied and shy now!" Hoseok laughs, reaching around behind me to gently push Yoongi's shoulder. The oldest of the four of us merely looks over at him with a smug smile, shrugging casually in response.

"I'm just being honest. It's not my fault the newbie clearly has the hots for our youngest friend." Yoongi responds calmly as we finally exit the building.

"Now, now. Give Jungkook a break, guys. You all know how Jimin would feel about this if he were here. We don't even know if Jungkook's gonna be good enough for our Jiminie yet."