Chapter 10

Jungkook POV

Walking into school the next morning, I keep my eye out for Jimin as I slowly begin to wander the halls. Thankfully, I've managed to get somewhat of an idea of how the school is laid out, so I don't need him leading me around everywhere. But, it would've been nice to wander around with him for a bit before classes start...

Biting my lip, I just stay quiet and wander my way to my locker. Quickly exchanging the things I need for what I don't need during the morning hours, I'm only a few minutes at my locker before I'm closing it again and heading off to our first class. I grow mildly worried at the fact that he hasn't suddenly shown up by my side yet like he has the last few days, but I try not to worry about it too much as I head towards class. There's always the possibility that he's just running late this morning and didn't have time to come see me before class.

Though, when I walk into class and still don't see him, I sigh quietly and run a hand through my hair as I make my way towards my seat in the back. Keeping an eye on the doorway and everyone that comes through, I wait in anticipation for Jimin to come through those doors or at the very least his three friends. It'd be better if he just came in with them, but of course things can't just be that simple. Instead, I'm left to watch his friends enter without Jimin by their side, my new boyfriend still nowhere to be found.

Groaning quietly to myself, I get up from my seat and walk over to the three who are now sat at their seats. Shoving my hands into my pockets, I nervously walk over to them, reaching Yoongi first since he sits the closest to us. The three of them glance up when they notice my presence coming their way, a curious look on their faces.

"Have you guys seen Jimin yet this morning? He's been popping up in the morning while I'm usually at my locker, but I've not seen him yet today." I ask quietly. They just shrug nonchalantly, not seemingly bothered by their friends absence.

"It happens sometimes, Jungkook. It's really no big deal or anything to worry about." Yoongi says with a shrug, not at all concerned.

"Yeah, but shouldn't there be some reason? Why would he be late?" I question, still not convinced that everything is okay.

"Jungkookie, you're worrying far too much for Jimin. He's a big boy, he can take care of himself. It's really no big deal. He's missed a few days of school before, sometimes he'll come in at the middle of the day. Shit happens. It's nothing to lose your mind over. I'm sure he's fine." Namjoon responds calmly, waving a hand at me dismissively.

I sigh, nodding my head as I run a hand through my hair. Silently, I head back to my desk and simply hope that they're right. I don't know what I'd do if something happened to him.

Rubbing my hands over my face, I try to pay attention as class starts up. It's a serious struggle, my mind wanting to solely focus on Jimin and where he's at and what he's doing right now. It drives me insane, surprised by how much he's already consuming my thoughts when I just want to be focusing on classes to help calm myself down.

Though, finally, Jimin shows up halfway through our third class. My eyes light up at the sight, a weight seemingly lifted off my shoulders as I spot him in the doorway. Though, there's no sight of his beautiful bright smile as he walks in and hands our teacher the late slip before heading back towards his seat beside mine. His head down as he walks, he looks exhausted as he walks down the isle, tossing his bag down on the floor beside his chair before sliding into it.

"Jiminie, are you okay? Where've you been?" I whisper quietly as I look over at him worriedly. He just glances over at me with a small smile before tossing his arm over my shoulders.

"Aww, was my baby worried about me?" Jimin teases as he leans closer towards me, kissing my cheek. I blush immensely at this, quickly growing shy.

"You didn't show up like you've always done so far." I mumble shyly, looking back down at my now forgotten notebook.

"I just overslept, baby. Nothing to worry about, I promise." He says with a wink. I just bite my lip, feeling my cheeks warm more than they already are as I look away once more. Though, I'm quickly reminded of my mistake as Jimin reaches up to release my lip from between my teeth.

"Now now. We don't need things getting all heated and messy in the middle of class, do we?"

——————
A/N:
Hi friends! Hope you're all enjoying so far! Just curious, but is anyone keeping up with any of the other stories that I've been updating on a daily aside from this? If so, which one and how're you liking it so far?

Love you all! <3