"not as confusing as this." lydia said.

they looked and saw that stiles' bed had been stabbed with scissors and on the scissors was the red string.

the red strings were attached to different pictures on his wall.

"marcie told me he uses red for unsolved cases." lydia explained.

"maybe he thinks he's part of an unsolved case?" aiden suggested.

"or is an unsolved case." isaac said.

"hold on. is he still out there? you don't know where he is?" lydia asked.

"he said he was in an industrial basement somewhere." scott said.

"we came here to get a better scent." isaac explained.

"what else did he say?" lydia asked.

"something's wrong with his leg. it's bleeding." scott said.

"and he's freezing." isaac added.

"tonight's the coldest night of the year. it's going to drop into the 20s." aiden said.

"what did his dad say?" lydia asked.

"we kind of... we didn't tell him yet." scott said.

"stiles is bleeding and freezing and you didn't call his dad?" lydia asked.

"or marcie." isaac added.

"marcie is probably the only one that can actually find him." lydia said.

"he made me promise not to. we can find him by scent. i-if he was sleepwalking he couldn't have gotten far, right?" scott said.

"you didn't notice his jeep is gone, did you?" aiden asked.

"you promised you wouldn't call his dad and marcie. i didn't." lydia said pulling out her phone.

"wait, lydia, hold on. i can get more help. i can call derek, allison-" scott said.

"everyone except for the cops. great idea." lydia said.

"you guys remember that she gets these feelings when someone's about to die, right?" aiden pointed out.

"you don't have to call his dad. it's five minutes to the station." scott said.

"we'll catch up." lydia told them.

"what? why?" scott asked her.

"there is something here." lydia replied.

"yeah. evidence of total insanity." isaac said.

"we can figure out what's wrong with him after we find a way to keep him from freezing to death." scott said.

"go. we'll be right behind you." lydia said.

-

marcie was dreaming and she could see herself standing in an old dark basement.