-Final Note-

The whole time I wrote this I was confident that it was the end.

Hell, on New Years Eve I wrote a sentimental authors note about how it was the end [feel free to read it again it is at the end of Chapter 50] and that was only about 30 chapters ago.

The truth is that I didn't decide I needed a fourth book until I started writing chapter 74.

No, I'm not lying.
And yes, the last chapter before the epilogue is chapter 75.

While writing 74 I went out of control and off on a branch with this idea that you all probably aren't fans of, but I realized it created the book I wanted to write and the scenes I wanted to get to but didn't know how.

But it was an awful time.
Since the beginning, this book was the end, and suddenly it wasn't the end anymore.

I went into a blind panic, because I got a rush of ideas, and there just wasn't enough time.
So I did what I always do: I turned to my rant book, Stop Sinking My Damn Boat and told them my paranoia.

So yeah, 13 people were not alarmed by the ending this fanfic, because there is more to come.

I will be honest: I am -still- extremely hesitant to start a fourth book.
TTAA ended with ~47K reads.
LTT ended with 90K reads.
AFY is currently around 30K reads.

I put a lot of work into what I do, and it's alarming at times what I could be doing if I wasn't writing.
It's also alarming to think that less and less people may begin to care.

But you know what.
I told myself to snap out of it.
Because I've been saying since the beginning that I will always be here, and reads are just numbers.
What really matters is the numbers that are here.
And I am grateful for each and every one of you.

We are going against all odds:
•The Divergent fandom is basically deceased.

•No fanfic/ fanfic series ever has four books.

•I'm not completely sure where I am going from this point forward. Not just in writing this, but also in my personal life outside of Wattpad.

•With Wattpad doing this whole "premium" thing and sponsoring authors and stuff, I don't know how much more time we will have here before they cut us all off, you know?

But I don't care.

There is still story to be said, so I'm gonna say it.

I hope you all stick around... I really do.
But if you don't, it's alright too.

This has been a rollercoaster for all of us, and I fully understand that we all have to move on from time to time.

I always thought I'd be dreading writing the final note for AFY. because it would be sad because it would be the end and I would be crying and closing out a phase in my life.

But we're not there yet.
I'm not finished here.

There will be a fourth book.
We're doing this; You and me.
Here's to another new beginning. The same plot, a new home.

Change is good.
Perseverance is good.
So here we go again.
Book Four.

Wow, I really never imagined I would be saying that: book four.

Until next time...

All the love,
Kat