Chapter 61 - Six Years

— Tris

"Happy six years, Beatrice." My eyes flutter open to my husband on the other side of the bed facing me. I hear Thomas fussing in the other room, but Tobias distracts me for a few moments kissing me tenderly and slowly.

Six years already.
Damn.

"I'll get him," Tobias says sitting up but I stop him.

"He's probably hungry."

"Then I'll bring him in here." He says matter-of-factly and leaves the bedroom.

Indy noses his way in through the unclosed once Tobias leaves and hops up onto the bed.

"Hi sweet boy," I push his hair out of his eyes and laugh as he licks my chin.

I smile when my husband returns with our fussy son on his bare chest.

He's getting so big.

"If you told me six years ago that this is where we would be," Tobias lays down as I attach Thomas to my breast. He looks up at me with his big eyes gurgling as he eats. "I would've never of believed you." He watched Tom eat and I blush remembering this day six years ago.

So much has happened.

The baby starts stretching his arms around and moving his fingers as he eats. Tobias gives him his finger which he grasps happily, allowing Tobias to beam with joy.

"Look at these little curls he's getting," I laugh rubbing my hand over his thin blonde hair.
His father's curls, but my blonde.
The prior nose, but those deep blue Eaton eyes.

Gosh, I love him.

"I can't believe he's six months old already." Tobias remarks as the baby grows fussy again, showing to me that he's finished eating. I hand him to his father as I pull back up my shirt. Indy is asleep at our feet, and Thomas is babbling on Tobias's chest. I curl onto his side, my head near his shoulder as he kisses my forehead.

All my boys, all in the same place.
I couldn't be happier.

+    +   +

"Hey! How is the trip?" I hear Chris and Will on speaker phone on the other line. There is one place in the next town over from where they are staying on their honeymoon that has cell service reaching to Chicago. They discovered this last week when Cara called them, and now they're calling today, two weeks after they left.
I think they come home at the end of this week, but I'm not sure.

"You didn't think I'd forget to with you a happy anniversary, would you?" Chris laughs referencing my return to Chicago six years ago.

She tells me about the snow and how they did this sport called 'skiing', and how nice all of the people are up there. They are in a town that has been fixed up since the world was destroyed: a town called Green Bay. I guess it's North of Milwaukee: the town where my mother grew up North of Chicago.

I sit on the couch as I watch Indy interact with Thomas. Thomas is giggling like crazy as Indy licks his little fingers.

"We're going to be back before decorating day." Will says when Tobias asks when they'll be home. "And visiting week."

We end the conversation to let them go about their last days of their honeymoon.

"I can't believe it's already almost December again," Tobias says picking Thomas up off the floor.