Breaking the Night (Chapter Five)

Chapter Five

-Jade-

My phone started ringing "Hello" I mumbled "Jade guess what happened" I went to guess but Wiz cut me off. "I have a chance to audition for kick boxing professionally in California would you come with me?" I exclaimed, I was so happy for him this is something he has always wanted. I rolled over and saw Mason asleep on his little sofa in his room, Liam was sitting at the computer typing probably for some school work before Thanks Giving break. "When is it? Sure I'd love to go with you!" I said sleepily. "Next week, Thanks Giving break" he said happily, shoot and I thought I was going to be able to spend some time with Mason. "Sure I'd love to how long will we be there?" I yawned "Three days Including the weekend we come home the day before thanks giving." wow so 5 days with Wiz in California that should be fun I guess I have to go get summer clothes, I laughed to myself. "Alright well that means you and Addison are coming with me shopping then we both need some California clothes." then I hung up on him before he could protest.

I left a note on Mason's chest and waved bye to Liam and went on home. The walk was cold but nice to be able to see the fallen leaves when I got home there were no cars and a figure by the door. When I got closer I saw Wiz sitting on the steps in front of my house was he stupid its like 60 degrees out here "How long have you been sitting here?" my voice came out as a squeak. "Sheesh was that supposed to be heard by rodents you sounded like my mother." great I'm sixteen and I sound like a mother just what I needed. Wiz looked at me then turned away, "So you want to go shopping now Addison is already at the mall." I looked at my phone and I had a few miss calls. "Wow I didn't hear my phone, Hey where's my car?" I said looking around. "Oh your brothers borrowed your car and there even taking it in for a tune up." wow their being nice great now the world is going to end. I ran up stairs to change I threw on my shredded leggings, a tan sweater and some shorts. I tossed on my only pair of heel-boots and twirled a black scarf around my neck. I ran into the bathroom and went with a natural look and threw my hair in a high messy bun. I stepped out of the bathroom "Not bad for only 10 minutes, Right?" I posed all cutesy and giggled, Wiz didn't say anything but his face looked red "Are you hot or something?" I shook his head then laugh "Lets go Thunder" we then left and walked to the mall. Thank god it only takes 30 minutes on foot to make it to the mall I felt frozen by the time I got there maybe I should have threw on more.

"About time you both showed, Wow Jade is looking all girly like I'm shocked." she smiled. Is it so weird for me to just like this, I looked in a window to see my reflection, I guess I do look a little weird. "Wiz look at all the boys noticing Jade." she giggled I looked around and there were boys looking at me and not Addison. "They're not looking at Jade" why is Wiz being mean, we went to all of Addison's favorite clothes shops because she said I needed to widen my horizon. Addison made me buy a bikini but I told her I probably wouldn't go to the beach, she begged to differ. "Now spin" I spun around in a white and pink halter top dress "Wow Jade you look amazing, that dress fits you perfectly." I blushed when I heard that. All this shopping was fun but I couldn't help but notice Wiz was acting weirdly like he wouldn't look me in the eyes, got really mad when Addison said some guy was looking at me, his face was awfully red, and he was oddly quiet. "Wiz are you sick" I leaned over and felt his forehead "I'm fine are we ready to go we leave the Friday at 10:00 p.m." my eyes widened I forgot to tell Mason when I leave, its okay I'll call him tonight. Wiz drove me home and it was the most awkward ride of my life, the whole car was silent, when I was getting out of the car Wiz grabbed my hand "Jade I have started to ask everyone to stop calling me Wiz I want to be called Kevin now." My face got red and my body filled with anger "WHY!" I shouted "Because were not kids anymore Jade it's time we grew up." I felt angry "That name... That name... Fine be that way jerk!" I screamed as tears fell from my eyes and rolled down my beat red cheeks. How could he take away the thing I gave him, why do I feel like Wiz... I mean Kevin is leaving me behind. In the end I cried myself to sleep that night and totally forgot to call Mason, Stupid Kevin.