Breaking the Night (Chapter Three)

Chapter Three

When I opened the door "Jade Black Thunder get into the kitchen now!" if your parents ever use the three name deal means you wont be coming out alive. Ok I'm exaggerating just means your in trouble and there's no way out of it or is there? As I walked to the kitchen I was thinking of different stories I could tell, there is no way they would believe the truth. "Oh hey mom, dad reason I didn't come home was due to fighting a boy getting beaten then carried to the woods. Seeing a wolf turn into a boy and did I mention he touched my butt." oh yeah they'll have a field day with that one. "Jade!" I looked up to see that huge vein popping out in the middle of my dads forehead, it only does that when he's really angry I swear that thing gives me nightmares. Did it get bigger? I looked over at mom she looks like hell I think she was crying all night she is a drama queen so don't worry about her. I heard whispering and looked behind me at the hallway really do those dopes think they're fooling anyone "I can see you" I sang at them they all ran up the stairs Ha-ha. "So Jade when were you going to grace us with your presence or are we not good enough for a phone call from you. NO! We get a phone call from Keith" wow did dad just call Wiz by his real name he'd laugh if I told him, no one not even his dad calls him Keith. I heard my mom laugh at my dad he glared at her and she tried covering it up Ha.

They stared at me hoping they were scaring me, sorry but it's not working the only thing scaring me is the big vein in the middle of dads forehead. My dad sighed "Sorry I lost my temper we were just so worried about you if you tell us the truth I promise I wont get mad." Oh my here comes the 'tell the truth and I promise we can be buddies again and no grounding' I am so not falling for it now that I have rambled long enough in my head I have came up with a good lie. I hope it works *Crosses fingers*. I pulled out my puppy dog eyes well here goes nothing "Daddy" I pouted " You know my friend Addison" he nodded "Well her boyfriend broke up with her and she was really upset" I paused to see if he was buying it. Oh yeah he's almost about to bite the hook "So she called me to help her feel better and I guess in the middle of it all I forgot to call you I'm so sorry" I sniffled. I looked up and I caught him hook line and sinker Ha-ha "Aw honey I'm sorry to hear that you know what I'll let you go spend the day with her" its good being a girl. I smiled and jumped up and hugged him "oh thank you daddy bye mom" I gave them both kisses on the cheek.

I turned to my brothers sitting on the stairs "And that's how you do it" I smirked and their mouths looked like they were going to hit the floor. Welp since I got the heads up I'm going to call Addison and see if she wants to go to 'Thrift Music'. Oh by the way 'Thrift Music' is like a record shop with nothing but classic music from 'Grateful Dead' all the way to 'Sinatra' it's the best place to be. Only true music fans know about it I clicked the 3 button on my phone because I have a speed dial setup. "Hey Babe" that's how Addison greets me " I know what you did last summer" we both busted out laughing. It might be lame but every time we spend the night with each other we have to watch 'I Know What You Did Last Summer'. "Hey wanna meet me at 'Thrift Music' in 10 minutes?" it takes a little bit to get there mostly since I have to put on some new clothes "Sure will heard there is a new cutie working there" she made kissy noises in the phone "Ok see you " I ran up stairs pushing my brothers out the way and headed to my room. I have my walls painted teal and my bed is black with white sheets. My dressers are black and I have albums everywhere if there was a fire I think I would die trying to grab all my albums and record player. I jump into my closet and look through it I pull out my black skinny's that have so many holes in them they looked shredded. I traded out Mason's 'Pink Floyd' shirt for my light blue 'Grateful Dead' shirt sorry but I like them more then 'Pink Floyd' I ran into the bathroom and ran the Nano Chi through my hair. Man my hair is already getting passed my waist and its really hard to do anything with it. I fluffed my bangs they covered my eyes so I thought I'd cut them real quick. After that I put on my blue eye shadow and put it even on my waterline and put some blue eyeliner on to blend it. I fluffed my freshly cut bangs grabbed my bag and jacket threw on my blue and purple converse and ran to my car.

I have a cute vintage bug and I got it painted a creamy light blue I jumped in and sped away to 'Thrift Music' when I got there Addison was leaning against her car picking at her nails I could see guys stopping and staring at her. Addison has natural wavy auburn hair that falls past her shoulders, she keeps her bangs long that she always runs her fingers threw and flips it. She has Amber-golden eyes that are so breath taking, she has the full pouty lips that makes guys beg to kiss. She's 5'6 with long legs. She doesn't have big boobs like me but she has a bigger butt, she has porcelain white skin like me. She's wearing a black leather jacket (we have matching ones but mines brown) with a white v-neck, she's wearing shorts with leopard leggings under then with her new black heels.

I walked up next to her and spoke deeply "Come with me if you want to live" she jumped and we both started laughing. "So babe I heard you used me in another lie again" damn really, Cadent had a crush on Addison so I knew he'd tell her, she wont date Cadent because she says I'm the love of her life. In other words she doesn't want to lose me as a friend Addison was in my group of friends from kindergarten. "Yeah sorry about that I needed to not get in trouble" I laughed "So spill" her eyes were lighting up and begging for some juicy gossip." I meet a guy and he's hot" she smiled and waited for me to finish "and I think I might like him" Addison started squealing "my baby girl is growing up Momma is so proud" she laughed and pulled me along. We talked, giggled, and played around

I found the album 'Skull & Roses' I was happy I remember reading about the original name for it to bad the music company rejected it, the original name was supposed to be 'Skull Fuck' Ha-ha. "I don't see why you're so obsessed with 'Grateful Dead' it's not like there the 'Beatles' or something?" I just looked at her for the first time it felt like I had just met Addison "The 'Beatles' are not that amazing I don't know why everyone freaks about them on the other hand who doesn't like Jerry Garcia" I panted because I shot that all out in one breath. "Point taken" we walked up to the register laughing "That will be $20.00" I looked at him hmm pot heads didn't really look that bad except for the fact they smell like skunk grass. He had long black hair that looks like he just woke up and decided not to brush it. Deep brown eyes surrounded by red, he dresses and looks grungy, looks like he could use a shave but if he cleaned up he'd look hot. From the corner of my eye I could so see him check out Addison sheesh I know she's hot but still I wish some guys would look at me.

"Looks like we meet again" why does that voice sound so familiar "even when clothed you still have a cute butt." Now I know who it is "Hey Mason" god he looks so stunning every time I look at him "So this is the mystery guy" Addison looked at him with squinted eyes like she was studding an art piece. "Pleasure to meet the princess's friend" I slapped my forehead when I found him on one knee kissing Addison's hand what century is this guy from. When I looked at Addison she was blushing "I'm mason and you are?" I sighed "This is my best friend Addison. Addison this is Mason" I whispered to her "the guy I was telling you about earlier." she nodded "So Mason wanna come eat lunch with us?" I just about yelled at her when she slapped her hand on my mouth. "Sounds nice when and where?" he smiled so brilliantly "Well were going to go eat now how does subway sound?" who knew I would be sitting in subway with a wolf I just met in the woods last night with my best friend I have known all my life trying to act normal. Am I the only nervous one I look at Mason and he's smiling and holding a conversation with Addison I guess I'm worried about nothing I let out a breathe of relief then sip my drink as I relax.

"So do you fight just like Jade." I saw the concern fall over Addison's face "yeah that's how me and jade met." Addison has never liked when I went to fights hence the reason she never goes with me. "jade are you going tonight" I looked at Addison once more before I answered Mason. "Yes sir" I acted formal he just chuckled at me and went onto a new subject with Addison. Why am I acting so tense he's normal there's nothing wolf like about him why can't I just treat him like a human. "Shoot" Addison looked at her watch " I totally forgot I have to go to my project partners house I'll have to catch ya'll later" before I could protest Addison had all her stuff and was already getting into her car. I whispered "and then there was two" I hear Mason laugh, I forgot he's part dog. He stared at me smiling "Ok your starting to give me the creeps" I raised an eyebrow at him. "Instead of going to the fight can we go on a date" I shot my soda out everywhere " A date like a date, date?" he laughed "Yes, Jade will you go on a date with me?" I feel like this is all moving to fast "Um I don't know, uh look at the time I have to go" I grabbed my stuff and no matter how many times Mason called my name I sped away. I just me this guy how can I go on a date with him already. I'm still trying to get used to the fact he's a wolf what is he thinking I just need to go somewhere. I need someone to talk to about this whole deal.