56. Bold Move

Twist Of Fate
Chapter 56
Bold Move

The second day of the summer-end children's festival had begun. Today, yet again, the little boy was just as hyped as he was yesterday, when you had dropped him off at the park.

"Yongguk is picking you up today, again? Are the two of you getting any far?" Jangmi asked as she wiggled her brows with a coy smile, and you rushed out of the office.

"Not now, Jangmi!" You exclaimed as you ran away from her.

"We will have to talk at some point!" She yelled back.

Once your work had finished, Yongguk came to pick you up from your workplace. He leaned against his car, waiting for you as you walked down the stairs and headed towards him.

You got a sudden déjà vu of yesterday, when he had come to pick you up so you could go to Ki Joon together.

He stood in the same pose, exuding charisma, and handsomeness, but today he wore a blue blouse that was buttoned down and denim jeans.

Dressed in blue from head to toe, that color did him justice. But he could look good in a sack too, indeed.

"Hi you." He said in his deep tone as his eyes bored in yours.

"Hi there." You smiled, and he opened the door for you.

The pair of you drove off to the park. When you made it to the place, you opened your door and stepped out, greeting the sun rays and cool breeze. You sighed softly.

"Let's go." He broke out from beside you and you almost jumped, when you saw him next to you.

Just like yesterday, he grabbed your arm and walked along the sidewalk, keeping you on the safe side as you crossed the pedestrian to the park.

When you made it to the park, you had expected him to let go of your arm, but he didn't, he kept on holding onto you securely. 'Watch out, kwon.' He would say.

You wondered why, but a lot of people passed by you and you nearly bumped into someone, but Yongguk was so quick. He pulled you away and made you dodge away from the men that walked past you.

As you reached the blue tent, the kids came in sight and Ki Joon was running around playing catch with some of his friends, and you could even hear his laughter from afar.

Unknowingly, you let out a little giggle, but when you felt his eyes on you, you stopped laughing and pulled off a serious look.

"Ki Joon?" You called out, when you made it to his tent.

"You are here!" He chimed and rushed towards the pair of you.

You lowered, opened your arms wide, prepared yourself. He jumped into your embrace within a second and with such a strong force that made you stagger back.

But someone suddenly stopped behind you. You held onto Ki Joon securely, if you were to fall, he'd fall on top of you and not get hurt.

However, Yongguk reacted fast, his hands reached out with quick reflexes, he gripped your arms firmly keeping you steady, and on your feet, you gasped.

You looked up, your eyes locked for a moment before you got distracted by the kid, who planted a soft smooch on your cheek, surprising you with his warm greeting.

"Can we play?" Ki Joon asked not aware of the fact that you nearly stumbled.

"Kwon."

Yongguk breathed harshly into your ear, you knew he warned you, but his hot breath tickled down your ear to your neck, and you tensed up. His arms still held you firmly.