72. Hot and Cold

Twist Of Fate

Chapter 72

Hot and Cold

After the men had helped with cleaning up in the kitchen, they went outside to sit at the porch as the weather was nice and breezy. They said that they wanted to get the fresh air that they needed.

The mothers rested on the couch after having set up the dinner, the two older women were tired and need to relax and had a catch up.

Your mother was holding onto Areum, hugging the little one and talking in a soft voice to the baby. Hyuk was playing catch with the two little boys, hyping them up.

After all, Hyuk still had some energy left to play with the kids and entertain them. Maybe you could get him to baby sit sometime. He seemed to be really good with kids.

You let out a soft sigh, wishing you had that amount of energy as well, but you were particularly tired today.

Ki Joon and Min Jun were running from Hyuk as fast as they could, screaming excitedly at the top of their lunges as Hyuk was right behind them.

"I'll get you two." Hyuk chuckled with a mischievous smile on his face, making the boys scream and hide behind the couch.

They jumped up startled, when Hyuk appeared from the corner with his arms stretched out and with a wicked expression on his face, scaring the boys.

They screamed louder, very thrilled by how well Hyuk could play off being a zombie, and they ran away from your little brother.

Hyuk was laughing, having fun, teasing the kids, and seeing how they were so immersed in the game, made you smile a lot.

You had made a cup of tea, hoping that would make you calm down as your body felt a bit sore. You were leaning over the counter, watching the steam from the tea, and you inhaled the aroma.

The aching in your body seemed to have become worse and you really did not want to get a fever now just before Ki Joon has to get his cast off.

"Be careful boys." Natasha said, seeing how they ran wildly around in the room.

"Keep it a bit down too, the baby will get startled." Your mother said, and Hyuk cooed.

You turned to check on them, hearing how the two little boys laughed aloud. You noticed that Ki Joon ran around excitedly with a big smile on his face.

You had not seen him this happy for a while. He really seemed to be comfortable around Hyuk and Min Jun.

"Don't run so fast." You added with wide eyes, seeing them speed up. The entire floor was not carpeted, and they could slip and fall.

The boys were clearly amused and did not think of the consequences as they were just immersed in the play. Nor did it seem like they heard you.

Hyuk was now walking like a zombie, moving his hands and legs as if they were made of jelly or liquid. He rolled his eyes back and made scary-like sounds.

"Mwoooaaahhh." He groaned, and the boys screamed louder.

You stared at him, mouth ajar, eyes wide in utter shock. Who was this kid? Did you know him? what had gotten into your brother? he was so out of character and down at a kid's level just to make the little ones laugh. You had to give him props for that.

"Uhhh- ahhh, I will e-ee-at y-oo-u two." He said in a spooky voice, moving his hands up and down, portraying what a zombie looks like. You watched his lip motions, hand movements and all, still in shock. You shook your head, smiling.