16. Birthday

Twist Of Fate

Chapter 16: Birthday

Taecyeon walked down the street and he had brought flowers, chocolate and a gift. It was your birthday today. He rang you up as he walked down the street with the gifts in his hand. Taecyeon had been busy with the company work and you were busy taking care of Ki Joon.

He wanted to take you out today and do something special. The two of you hadn't spent time together in a long time now.

Taecyeon smiled, when you picked up the phone and he greeted you. He told you to get ready and to also bring Ki Joon with you. He knew that you couldn't leave him alone with anyone, so he told you to bring him along. You agreed to go out and bring Ki Joon.

Taecyeon smiled, when you made the plan to meet up and he hung up the phone. His gaze moved to the side and he froze, when he saw a candy store in front of him and a smile spread on his face.

He entered the store. He mixed a small goodie-bag for Ki Joon. He grinned, when he stepped out of the store after paying, when he thought about the little boy's happy smile.

He shook his head at his thoughts and got into his car. He couldn't wait for tonight and he smiled to himself.

You began to get ready to go out with your best friend Taecyeon. You had given Ki Joon the message and he was excited to go out as well. You had to tell Yongguk that you were going out with Ki Joon. He had left in the morning for work. He didn't know that it was your birthday.

Your phone buzzed as your friends were sending you messages. You checked your phone and smiled upon reading the different messages from your friends and family. Everyone close to you wished you a happy birthday, except Yongguk.

You didn't blame him for not knowing your birthday, because you didn't really know each other well. You the wondered about when his birthday was. You were curious to know now. You looked through some papers from the adoption to see if you could find his birthdate on it. And luckily it was there. You read the date.

Bang Yongguk, born March 31st 1990.

There were still months left for his birthday and you let out a sigh of relief. You wondered if you had already passed his birthday. You laughed at yourself for getting worried, then you froze, when you realized what you were worrying about.

I'm losing it you shook your head and put the papers back into the drawer.

You sat down on the bed and felt a little off all of a sudden. You sighed and got back up again to do your makeup. You wore some small gold earrings and a floral skater dress.

The dress had a sweetheart neck-cut. You felt a bit shy as you looked at yourself in the mirror. You hadn't dressed up in a long time now. You kept your hair down and loose in waves. You kept a natural and light makeup on.

Yongguk had been at the office for a few hours, he had a meeting to attend and he waited that to begin. Yongguk sighed and looked at papers in front of him. He needed a break from writing the lyrics. Yongguk's eyes fell upon Ki Joon's adoption files and he raised a brow. He grabbed the papers and decided to look it through.

Yongguk felt that it was a mystery that Ki Joon had no relatives in South Korea and North Korea. He sighed and looked through the papers. He stopped, when he saw the page that mentioned him and you becoming the parents of Ki Joon.

He read your full name and old address. Then he froze, when he saw your birthdate. He looked closer at the paper and then he looked at his mobile and saw that the date was today. Yongguk had no idea that it was your birthday. He dropped his jaw for a moment. It was already past lunch time. He hadn't congratulated you.