40. Unexpected Situation

Twist Of Fate

Chapter 40: Unexpected Situation

You were surrounded by the sounds of screaming kids in the kindergarten. You were seated on the couch in one of the rooms, sipping from a cup of coffee with some mothers.

You sighed deeply and wished you could turn down the volume of the loud noises. It had been a long day. You came straight to the arrangement after finishing your work.

Ki Joon's kindergarten was holding another arrangement. You always went to these arrangements, because it was nice for Ki Joon to meet his friends and to show that you care about your kid. If you didn't show up, you knew some of these mothers would talk.

Ki Joon was somewhere in the place, playing with his friends, which was good for him. Yongguk was gone as well, talking with some of the dads. Hence, you were alone, but not really alone.

A mother was seated next to you, and you didn't know her. However, she was quite kind, and she spoke of her daughter.

You were surprised to hear that her daughter liked Ki Joon. You stared at the women, and she was smiling and laughing, when she told you the stories. You weren't sure of what she meant.

"My daughter seems to have a crush on your son. She often speaks about Ki Joon." She finally said.

"Oh, wow. That is so sweet." You said, sounding surprised.

Suddenly, you were wondering if Ki Joon liked this little girl too. It was quite sweet, and you wanted to know.

"What is her name?" You asked as you were becoming curious.

"Her name is Bora and she is five." The mother said, and you blinked your eyes a couple of times.

You had never heard of her before. Ki Joon hadn't mentioned a friend named Bora.

"That's such a lovely name." You said, and the woman smiled. "She's a year older than Ki Joon." You smiled, and she nodded.

You stood up from the seat and excused yourself.

"I need to find my boyf.. uhm.. my kid's dad." You said with a small smile. She nodded, and you took off.

You shook your head at yourself as you got away from the place.

I nearly said my boyfriend.. Where in the world is he anyways? That toad.

You searched for Yongguk in the place, and you just couldn't seem to find him. You furrowed your brows and groaned deeply.

You walked into different rooms, and people looked at you. You looked around you, ignoring the others, and left the rooms, when you didn't find him.

Some kids ran past you, and some of them pushed you as they ran off. You stopped abruptly and sighed deeply.

"Don't run inside, kids." You said aloud, and they just laughed as they ran away.

"Where are their parents?" You muttered to yourself and took off.

You made a turn down the hall. This kindergarten was big and had two separate departments. It probably wouldn't be easy to find Yongguk.

"Oh my God." You squealed, when someone suddenly grabbed your arm and pulled you to the side.

You got slammed against the wall, and you shut your eyes tightly for a moment. But the familiar scent that lingered in the air made you lift your eyelids and look up. You just knew who it was. No man smelled that good like him.