"only three points for watching, you gotta do." cristina told her.

"i do do. i can't make them let me do procedures."

"you gotta ask." ana told her.

"you gotta take charge of your own destiny, make it happen, like this." cristina spoke as she ran up to the ambulance. "what do you got?"

"otis sharon, sixty-one year old male, found unconscious on the street corner with a swollen ankle." the paramedic reported.

cristina let out a scoff then walked away. "not it."

"i don't even know what happened." mr. sharon told the doctors.

"initial b.p. was ninety over palp. vitals stable after a bolus of n.s." the paramedic told them.

"okay, he's mine." izzie shouted out as she went up to the gurney. "all of you back off!"

"it's a swollen ankle, iz." ana stated.

"yeah, he passed out, he's pale, altered, hypotensive and he's got a rash. you see a sprained ankle, i see a medical mystery. eighty points."

izzie walked inside with her patient and just as she did bailey walked out to the ambulance bay.

"oh, stevens is the only one working today?" she asked.

"uh, no. we're all working. we got paged." cristina told her.

"for the ankle. it's gone. now you're trolling for traumas?"

"somebody could come in any minute with a critical injury. we're being proactive."

"we're helping people." alex chimed in.

"you're trolling." bailey snapped at the residents. "you're trolling and i've got no one on post-op and pre-op. now move."

just as they all started to walk back inside the sound of tires squealing and people shouting filled their ears.

"help us! please help!" a female voice called from the car and all the doctors immediately rushed to help.

"help my brother!" now a male voice shouted.

"i'm gonna get a gurney." meredith spoke.

anastasia ran over to the driver and opened the door and began checking him over.

"help my brother." the driver pleaded.

"can i get some help out here?!" meredith shouted inside.

"we got him." bailey told the woman in the back as she, alex and cristina helped the man out of the car, carefully.

"what happened to your hand?" ana asked the driver, seeing a visible large wound with blood coming from it.

"uh, a bear." he responded and ana's eyebrows shot up.

"a what?"

"he's really hurt. we tried to stop the bleeding." the woman told the doctors in the back; referring to the brother.

"we were camping in the mountains." she told them.

"you drove all the way here?" alex asked.

"we couldn't wait for an ambulance." the man who was driving spoke and removed his hand from ana's grasp. "i'm fine."

"no, you're not. let me see your hand." she told him and examined his hand again.

"sir, let's try and get you on this gurney." cristina spoke and helped the man in the back out of the car as he groaned in pain. "step down right here."