04|Please help him

~Thanks for reading this chapter~ :)

|chapter 04|

|please help him|
° ° ° ° °

The party soon came to an end, and they bid each other farewell as they headed towards the direction to their homes.

Rune went to the office the next day. She was exhausted. All through the night, the only think she can do, is think about Aiden.  She was concerned about her best friend. She knew what it meant to go there again. It had been a day since Aiden called for help.

She was sitting behind her desk when she saw Jan and Dylen pass by. They work together, but they don't bother to talk. They've only ever smiled back. After what had happened six years ago, it created a crack in their friendship. The three of them were working in the same office for two years now, but they just greeted and smiled like strangers who once used to know each other.

This time, however, Rune stood up from her seat and ran towards them. She wanted to convince them to help Aiden.

"Hey, Jan! Hey Dylen!" Rune ran out of breath.

"Hey, Rune!" They turned around in surprise to see Rune in breathless condition.
"Guys, please listen to me." She was trying to catch her breath.

"Ohk-okay..." Dylen became confused.

"Please, help me. We have to help Aiden. He's our friend. Can't you do this for a friend?" Tears started to appear in her eyes.

"Come on, Rune." Frustration found its way in Jan. "Maybe he was pulling a prank on you. You know that. There is nothing in there. It was a story we made up."

"No, please listen to me. He called me." Rune spoke up placing her hands on Jan's shoulders. "He told me she was coming before him. What if all of that was true and not just the story in our heads? Have you forgotten what happened to Janet?"

"It was an accident, Rune. A bloody accident." Jan pushed Rune's hands away from her shoulders and started to walk away leaving Dylen behind.

"No, no, no! Please wait! Did you hear that voice yesterday? Have you, Jan? Dylen you?" As Rune said, they stopped midway as if someone held them there. Jan gulped as she turned towards Rune.

"What are you talking about? I haven't heard any voice." She lied and turned to Dylen with an raised eyebrow. "Did you, Dylen?"

"I-I mean..." Dylen muttered.

"Did you or not?" Jan shouted towards Dylen.