They walked to the back of the mall where the movie theatre was. They decided on the thriller about the killer child, both thinking the 'scary' factor might affect how close they could be to each other.

Making their way into the theatre, they found it was still fairly empty as there was twenty minutes before the movie started and had a look around. Jennie was carrying both the large popcorn and coke that Chaeyoung had ordered while the brunette had gotten the tickets.

"Where do you wanna sit?" Chaeyoung whispered.

"Where's it darkest?" Jennie whispered back with a smirk on her face.

She saw Chaeyoung's face turn up slightly in a grin before the taller girl led them to seats in the back corner of the theatre. They sat next to each other and Jennie settled the popcorn between them, and brought the drink up to take a sip, for the first time noticing the lone piece of plastic sticking out.

"Only one straw?" she asked the redhead.

"We've already swapped saliva," Chaeyoung replied with a glint in her eye.

Jennie loved the playful banter that existed between them and shot her girlfriend a sultry half-smile in response.

"If you get scared during the movie, I can hold your hand. Or you can use my shoulder to hide in," Chaeyoung said, taking a handful of popcorn.

"That's sweet, honey. Same over here. My hand and shoulder are at your disposal."

"Oh thanks, but I don't get scared at movies."

"Never?" Jennie asked disbelievingly, handing over the large coke.

Chaeyoung took the drink gratefully, getting a warm feeling in the pit of her stomach that they were in sync enough for Jennie to just know how she was feeling. One part of her head rationalized that the brunette probably saw how much popcorn she had eaten without drinking anything and knew she would need to, but for once she told her rational side to be quiet so she could enjoy the closeness.

Through logic or not, the fact that Jennie seemed to understand her so well sat very nicely with Chaeyoung. And she loved that she generally had a similar sense about the brunette herself. She still found it hard to believe that they'd only been an item for such a short while, she felt like she'd known her forever. Realizing she'd gotten lost in her own head and had yet to answer her girlfriend's question, she swallowed the liquid in her mouth and put the drink back in it's pocket.

"Nope. Scare me movies cannot."

"Alright, Yoda," Jennie said, smirking, "We'll see."

The lights dimmed at that moment and they settled back as the trailers began playing.

An hour and a half later, the movie was drawing to a close as the child's second attempt at killing her mother failed after already cutting off her father's hand, and she was now being drowned in bath of holy water by the local priest, it was in fact Chaeyoung's head that was locked tight against Jennie's shoulder, shielding her eyes from the screen with her hand. Her other hand was gripping the brunette's so tightly that both their knuckles were white.

A small trail of blood bubbling up to the top of the bathwater ended the film as the screen faded to black and the credits began to roll.

"You can look, babe. It's over," Jennie said in a caring voice.

Chaeyoung took her hand away from her eyes and lifted her head from Jennie's shoulder, so she was sitting up. She let her hand stay in the brunette's but loosened her hold so the circulation could start to flow again.

"I wasn't scared," she said defiantly, despite all her actions proving otherwise.

"Look at me Rosie," Jennie said in a firm voice.