chapter four

Chaeyoung put the key in her front door and opened it, standing aside to let Jennie in.

Jennie walked in and looked around the large hall, admiring the marble floors and finely decorated interior.

"You have a really nice house," she said as Chaeyoung closed the door behind them.

"Oh. Yea, I guess. It's my parents really, my room is the only thing that feels like mine."

"I'd love to see it," Jennie replied, blushing as she realised the implication of what she'd actually said.

Chaeyoung blushed as well.

"We can study in there. I was just gonna grab some drinks first. You know what they say about math. It, um, makes you...thirsty," the blonde said, realizing straight away how completely nonsensical her words were and inwardly kicking herself.

"I've heard that too," Jennie said, giggling but not at all in a mocking way.

She followed Chaeyoung into the large kitchen, where the blonde pulled out two glasses and filled them with ice.

"I didn't know what you liked, so I got everything. We have Mountain Dew, Dr. Pepper, grape soda, orange soda, root beer, Coke, Diet Coke, Vanilla Coke, Cherry Coke..."

"You...you bought," Jennie stopped momentarily to try and count in her mind, "Ten different types of drinks?"

"And Gatorade," Chaeyoung nodded, then smiled sheepishly, "When I'm nervous I make lists. So last night I listed all the drinks I could think of that you might like and went to the store early this morning to get them."

"That was incredibly sweet."

"It was nothing. So what'll it be?" Chaeyoung asked, blushing at the compliment.

If she makes me blush anymore, my face is going to permanently look like a tomato, Chaeyoung thought.

"Um, Dr. Pepper please."

Chaeyoung pulled out two cans of Dr. Pepper and put them on top of the glasses, then walked out the door, indicating for the shorter girl to follow.

They made their way to the Chaeyoung's bedroom, which was immaculately tidy, her double bed in the middle of the room perfectly made, her desk clear apart from a lamp and her floor spotless.

Jennie thought of her own room, it was tidy, but there was some stuff dropped on the floor and maybe a sock under the bed. She looked around Chaeyoung's room, getting giddy for a moment at the thoughts that she was actually in the girl's bedroom and noticed the various posters, including a cute one of a kitten sitting in a boot. She decided that Chaeyoung might be obsessively clean, but her bedroom was definitely homely and very...her. It was very Chaeyoung. And there was nothing about it that Jennie didn't like.

Chaeyoung put the glasses on the chest at the end of her bed and swung her bag off her shoulder, before sitting down on the floor, legs crossed beneath her. Jennie walked towards her and copied her motions, sitting in a similar position.

"So, you wanna start with math?" Chaeyoung asked eagerly, thinking how wonderful the idea of a study date was; she got to learn and be with the girl of her dreams. It really was a perfect situation.

"Uh, yea," Jennie said, pulling out her math book, "But I'm warning you again, I think I'm a lost cause."

"Oh stop it," Chaeyoung sneered jokingly, "I haven't met a math problem yet I didn't like, I know I can make you feel the same."

Jennie giggled and set down her book in front of the two of them, getting a pen and paper to write down whatever the other girl said.

An hour, two more cans of Dr. Pepper and four pages of notes later, something finally clicked in Jennie's head and she let out a squeal. Chaeyoung was startled by the sound, but didn't get a chance to react as the brunette started talking excitedly.

lessons in love || chaennieजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें