↳twenty-one↴

KILLERS ARE always set at a high expectation. They are expected to kill somebody with no remorse and move on with their day, or watch someone else kill and feel nothing.

Though when the Scorpio Slasher disembowels one of Chester's goons and their guts pools at their feet, I couldn't stop myself from throwing up. Blood was one thing, but seeing a whole human anatomy in front of you was straight up scary. And while I was too busy throwing up, Chester backed himself back into his monster truck, leaving the only visual that I got of him was his burned face. Makes sense why he declares himself as 'fuckface'.

Saya and Marcus tried to run after him, but when I wipe my mouth and let out a shaky breath, I turn to see the truck speeding away and out of sight. "Can't handle blood and guts, pretty one?"

"Can't say that it's what I see everyday," I grumbled and watched the two come back.

Marcus looked at me when they got close, "You alright?"

I glance at the throw and back at him, "I think I just regurgitated my ice cream." I wipe my mouth again with my sleeve, "Can we stop by the store and get some water? This taste in my mouth is very unsettling."

Saya nods looking at the fugitive we held onto a leash, "Yeah, we should head, anyways, back before we get in more trouble for letting him out this long."

We walk back slowly, with Billy back to holding the Scorpio Slasher with the leash and me walking with Marcus at my side. Billy was getting dragged up ahead and Saya was beside him, just to keep an eye on the homicidal killer. We stopped for my water awhile back, so as I chugged it down, I could feel Marcus glancing at me occasionally.

I then turn to him and raise a brow, "What?"

He looked at me again and shook his head, "Nothing."

"It's obviously something. This whole trip you've been looking at me like you want to say something," I tell him straight out because it was true. In classes, he would look at me, even when Lex and Maria were in combat for class and Maria stormed off. When she stormed off though, he tried to go after her, but Saya stopped him.

He then told her about Chester as well and we all went to go get the Scorpio Slasher, soon running into Billy, who was now apart of our group. I wanted to ask Marcus all day as to why he was staring at me, but it didn't seem right to ask in front of everyone, especially the psychotic killer. Everyone inside of our abnormal clique know about Maria and Marcus, so if I had asked, they would quickly start keeping a close eye on us.

I continued to hold my gaze on Marcus, waiting for his answer. He sighed suddenly, "It's just that I want to apologize for last night. When you and Lex seen me- it wasn't cool of me to go off on you like that."

I nod slowly and sip my water, "It's fine, that Chester guy would scare me shitless too."

He lets out a light laugh, but let's it die out, "I hope I didn't ruin your night with him though."

I shake my head, "You didn't," I assure, "I'm certain I did that all on my own."

A dry chuckle escaped me and he looked at me with furrowed brows, "What happened? You guys didn't get to- you know.."

I bit my lip at the question, "No, we did it, it was just- it's just this morning, I made it seem like I didn't enjoy it."

"Well did you?" He asked and I give him a surprised look, so he bowed his head, "Sorry, I shouldn't have asked that."

"It's okay," I laugh, "It was weird but, I guess. But it was my first time and I thought I was ready, but I guess I wasn't."

He nods a bit, trying to process my words in silence for a moment. He then twirled the bat lightly in his hands, "I had sex with Maria. It was weird also because not even ten minutes before that she shot an arrow at me."

My eyes go wide in amusement, "An arrow?" I let out a light laugh when he nods again, "I'm assuming borderline psychotics are a turn-on for you."

He was quiet again for a moment before speaking, "Some of the time," He mumbled out and when I look at him eyeing me, he quickly bows his head.

I then clear my throat and drink some more water, "Why did she even shoot an arrow at you?" I needed to change the subject.

He then scratches the back of his neck, "Because I almost kissed Saya."

I blink furiously at him and let out a chuckle of disbelief to show that I didn't care, "You have a girlfriend now- the girl you chose to be with- and you still can't decide who you want?" I shake my head and stop in my tracks, "You really must fucking delusional, Marcus, if you think I'm sticking around for this."

He stopped also, and stood in front of me, "Look, Brynn-"

"No you look, Marcus. You are driving a wedge between all three of us and I'm not staying around because you don't want to break our hearts," I whisper for only us to hear, "I don't care who you're with because you aren't mine to have. You chose Maria and her crazy-killing boyfriend- ass, so stick to her."

I went to walk past him, but he grabbed my arm and pulled me back in front of him, "I'm only with her because she killed Chico for me. Chico was going to murder me if it weren't for Maria, so what else was I supposed to do?"

I look at him dumbfounded but then furrowed my brows, "I don't know, Marcus. Why not give her a thank you card or a damn hug? Not propose to be her secret boyfriend because you didn't feel like hurting her feelings."

He stared down at his shoes, "I didn't know what else to do."

"Well now you know," I huffed, "And I'm not going to be the reason as to why our group is fucked up when Maria finds out why you're really with her."

He raised a brow at me, "Brynn, what are you trying to say?"

"I'm trying to say that I'm done," I clenched my jaw, trying to fight the pain in my heart when I shoved those words out. I then rip my arm out of his grip and toss my bottle across the ground, before staring him down, so he'd know that I'm serious, "I'm saying that I'm fucking done, Marcus."

I then push past him and go toward Billy and them, seeing that they waited a good distance away from us. I balled my fist tightly, but open them when I got close to them and Saya eyes me, "What happened back there?"

I glance back at Marcus, watching him come up to us. I huff out and look past her. I stare at the moon and how it was the only light besides the dim street lights that really gave us guidance. I falter my gaze and walk past her, "Let's just go the fuck home."