↳nine↴

DUE TO my therapist calling in sick, Master Lin suggested that I should go to lunch for today, to see if my ways have changed. The one day I wanted to actually talk to my therapist and avoid certain people.

I still get on the lunch line, getting myself a sandwich with a carton of milk and an apple before leaving the line to go find a table to sit at. I seen Lex at one of the tables with Billy and Marcus, which I tried to avoid. However, my name got yelled out loud enough that I couldn't pretend to not hear it, "Hey Brynn!"

I turned to see Marcus waving at me to come over. Billy looks up from his cast and at me, smiling wide, "Yeah, Brynn come sit with us!"

Slowly, I got to their table and sat next to Marcus, seeing that as the closest chair. Marcus looked at me with a smile, "No more therapy?"

I chuckled, "I wish. It's only for today because my therapist called out."

"Bummer." Lex mumbled, picking at his nails and I glanced up to see him not looking at me.

I then turned to see Billy still grinning at me, "So did everyone have fun at the party?"

"Not really." Marcus admitted, glancing at me with a smirk, "Brynn had a lot of fun, though."

My eyes go wide and I hit his shoulder as Billy spoke, "Don't I know it."

Marcus furrowed his brows at Billy and Lex then looked up, but glared his eyes at Billy. Marcus looked at me again, "You hooked up with Billy?"

"God no," Billy answered, "It was-"

"Can a girl's business stay to herself?" Petra then said, coming up from behind to sit across from me.

I smiled at her and looked at the guys, "Thank you. I don't discuss your business, so please don't mention mine." I shoot Billy a look and he smirks as he took a bite out of his apple.

"You're right," Billy agreed, but held a smirk, "But how about after the party? Anything happened yesterday? People still throwing up... or shall I say; hooking up?"

Petra looked at him, "Are you talking about Vicktor and I?"

She slept with Vicktor?

Billy smirk then dropped and I raiseda brow, watching the scene crumble. Billy's demeanor change as quickly as a lightning bolt, placing his apple on his tray and shoving it into the center of the table, "No."

"Well, can we talk about something else then?" Lex finally spoke up and looked around the table to see everyone nod.

Marcus looked at me again, "Did you take the test?"

"Yeah, hoping I past with a C." I sighed and he nodded.

"Well if you do, we should go to that restaurant again." He suggested and I smiled.

"Of course, but next time you aren't just gonna get noodles." I responded him, though I could feel Lex's eyes glare me down.

"You guys went out to eat?" Lex asked and Marcus turned to him.

"Yeah, last night. Didn't have anything else better to do we just we out to eat." Marcus simply told him and I could feel Lex burning a hole in my head. I forgot I didn't tell him that before seeing him, I was with Marcus. Shit.

"Wait, was that before or after-" A sudden shake of the table caused Billy to shut up. I looked at him as he silently groaned, holding his knee up against his chest. I guess Lex kicked him shut.

"Billy, mate, can I talk to you for a second in private?" Lex wondered, standing up, "A sidebar, as you Americans say."

Billy stood up also and limped behind Lex to the corner of the room. Marcus looks at me and chuckled to lighten the mood, "That was weird."

Petra shrugged, "They're weirdos." They stood there for a while, having us incoherently listen to Lex threaten Billy. Billy only rolled his eyes and tossed up his hands before coming back to the table.

Lex soon sits down and suddenly no one was in the mood to speak, allowing us to be able to finish our food before the bell rang. I take my tray and walk towards the garbage, about to go to my next class when I had see Lex at the top of the stairs, waiting on me. The cafe emptied pretty quickly, leaving the two of us by ourselves.

"Apparently, Billy wants to have a chat with us." Lex huffed, crossing his arms as I nod. He walks off first and up the stairs that led to the roof. We went there quickly, trying to avoid any staff in the halls. When we reach the roof, we see Billy riding his skateboard back and forth, though when he sees us, he hops off his skateboard and holds out his hands to us.

"The cutest couple in King's Dominion." He praised and I rolled my eyes.

"We're not a couple, Billy," I assure him and he raised a brow.

"So what are you guys?" He wondered as he then sat on chair that he found on the roof.

"We don't know, you wanker," Lex grumbled, "Yesterday was our first time-"

"No it wasn't." I cut him off and I could see Billy practically jumping from his seat.

Lex gives me a look and I bow my head when Billy chuckles, "So wait, this happened before?"

"Only once before," I answered, "At the party, but we were both drunk."

"And so you chose to do it again sober?" He questioned and when Lex and I glanced at each other, he claps his hands, "I can't believe my best friend and friend are hooking up in secret."

"And it better stay a secret, Billy, or I swear to God, I will gut you." Lex threatened and Billy grins, pulling a cigarette from his blazer.

He placed it in between his lips before lighting it, "I wouldn't dare to tell a living soul, Lex. You know me!"

Lex only rolled his eyes, "So what was that back at lunch?"

Billy shrugged, "I thought you guys been hooking up and haven't told me."

"We haven't been hooking yet," Lex assured and I refrained from blushing. Is it me or did I just hear him say 'yet'?

Billy then jumped out of his chair, his grin never fading as he walked up to us, "Okay then, I guess I'll leave you potential sex birds alone."

I was about to argue with him, but he already brushed past us and out of the door. I awkwardly rock on my feet and I glance at Lex who pulled out a cigarette, "So.."

He looked at me and raised a brow, "So?" He held a questionable look as I was lost for words. I don't think I could hold a conversation with him or talk about my likes and dislikes. He isn't Marcus.

I look at my shoes and shake my head, "So, um..I'm gonna go head to class." I motion toward the door and he simply nods, looking at the world ahead.

I press my lips into a thin line and turn to walk off, "Brynn, wait." I turn and he rushed up to me, kissing me on my cheek, centimeters from my lips and I didn't feel anything.

I didn't feel no kind of emotion and I already knew why despite the fact that I didn't even taste his lips.

I knew he wasn't Marcus.

GUYS, I just wanted to say thank you sooo much for getting me here within days because without you, my book wouldn't even make it to the surface of getting ranked top 5 or top 20 for my tags💛💛💛