Chapter 11

*Christmas Day.

Third persons Pov:

"I can't believe you still haven't told her!" Glenn exclaims.

"I know, I know." Carl says, sighing as he wedges yet another piece of wood against the south fence. "I just don't know what to say."

"You could start with, Anna, I've liked you for over a year, but instead of telling you my true feelings, I acted like a jerk and treated you like shit, as to not have my heart broken if you died." Carl's face flushes red.

"How do you even know all that?" He asks.

"Because I'm great at reading people." Glenn says and grins.

He positions another piece of wood against the fence. The two have been out in the cold for hours, while the rest of the group is on a run. Their goal is to make it harder for the fences to come down if another pack of walkers pushes against it.

"If you're so great at reading people, then tell me, does Anna like me?" Carl says, pushing his sherifs hat up a little.

"I honestly have no idea. Anna is good at hiding her emotions."

"What were you a psychologist before all this?"

"I delivered pizzas." Glenn says, still grinning.

"Do you have any good advice?"

"I guess just don't overthink it. But be warned, you break her heart, I break you." Glenn says.

The three cars the group took on a run pull up to the gate. Glenn and Carl run over and Carl opens and closes the gate for the cars as Glenn quickly kills the two walkers that slipped in.

The back door of the black SUV opens, catching Carls attention. Anna climbs out of the car, her face looking emotionless. He cringes a little as Jenna gets out behind her. Rick and Maggie get out of the front. Everyone begins to talk to each other, and no one is paying attention to the two girls but Carl.

Carl watches as Anna pulls a duffel bag out of the back seat. She turns towards the prison and begins walking when Jenna goes up behind her and pushes her, making Anna fall down onto the gravel driveway.

*********************************

Anna's pov:

Owww. My left wrist is on fire! My side is killing me to.

My fingers go to my hip. My knife is sticking out of it. It must have twisted around when I fell down. It's taking me all that I have not to start screaming in pain.

That's when the voices start.

"Are you ok?"

"Her knife is sticking out of her side!"

Words are jumbled in my head but most of them I can't understand. I think someone picks me up, but I can't really tell. The pain from my wrist and side is so intense I can't concentrate on anything. Everything spins around me making my head hurt. Someone's face comes into my view that could either be Daryl's or Ricks. I don't know.

Darkness takes over my vision, and more and more voices filled with panic and words I can't make out toss around in my head.

My vision finally comes back to me. There stands my brother, Shawn.

"Shawn?" I say my voice shaking. "Why are you here?"

"What do you mean?" He asks while walking towards me. We are in the middle of a flower field.

"You're dead." I say. Tears are rolling down my face at the sight of my dead brother.

"I'm perfectly fine Anna." He says,
still walking towards me.