Chapter 7

Daryl taps his cross bow on the store window a few times to draw any walkers attention.

"Everyone use the Buddy system. Get anything that could be useful. Don't use your gun unless you absolutely have to. We meet at the front of the store in half an hour." Daryl instructs us.

Daryl, Carl, and I are at a Walmart right now with a bunch of other Woodbury people. I forget some of their names though. The only ones I can remember are Sasha and Bob, who I already knew.

Daryl busts the door down and everyone begins to file in.

"Wanna be Buddy's?" Carl whispers in my ear. I Giggle and nod my head.

"Come on, Buddy." I say and link my arm through his.

We drop arms and head to the baby section right away to get food for Judith. Carl stands back and keeps guard and let's me pick everything out.

"Hey, Perv. Stop checking Anna out." Daryl yells at Carl. I spin around and Daryl is walking by the baby section, Carl's face a bright red.

"I was not!" Carl protests.

I turn back around and keep my head down. I finish there and we head to the clothes section and I just pretend like that never happened. I need some girl things, but there is no way Carl is coming with me to get that.

"Why don't you stay here for a minute, and I will be right back." I suggest.

"No way." Carl says. "I'll go wherever you want to go, just no splitting up."

I sigh. This is gonna be awkward. Stop it, Anna! It's only awkward if you make it awkward.

We walk to the feminine hygiene section and I put my head down so my hair covers the sides of my face so he can't see me.

I quickly put a few boxes of pads in my bag. I pray that Carl doesn't say anything. I walk past him with my head still down and he lets out a laugh.

We walk back to the clothes and I pick out a lot of winter things.

It's been half an hour now so we go to the front of the store.

Everyone is there already so we go outside. We brought a truck and a car, so we put all the bags into the back seat of the car and everyone else gets in except Carl, Daryl, and I. The three of us pile into the tiny truck with me sitting in the middle.

"I don't even have anywhere to put my arms." I complain. Carl moves his left arm so it's around my shoulders so that I have a little more room.

"Smooth kid." Daryl says and smirks. "That was way better than fakin' a yawn." Carl smirks back at him, and I cringe a little.

"I am still here, you know." I say and they both chuckle.

I mentally prepare myself for the hour long ride home.

When we get back a lot has changed at the prison. Maggie and Carol have hung curtains up at every cell for privacy, and they made one of the cells into a doctors office for when Daddy takes care of people.

I go into Daddy's cell for a few minutes because I've barely talked to him the last few days.

After that I decide to take a shower. The shower feels so great, but after I get out I am freezing cold again. I quickly put on my black sweatpants, fuzzy socks, and hoodie. I brush my teeth and run and get in bed with my hair still wet. I've been so exhausted at night time lately with my days being so full, that I have no problem falling asleep.

I wake up for about two seconds when I hear Carl come in and close the cell door behind him, but then I drift back to sleep.

BOOM!