another you

they say there's plenty of fishes in the sea
but some of us can't swim

We all have days when we feel like we're not good enough for anyone , we all have days we feel like we're the only one alone , we all have days we feel like we can never stand back up , and move on .

However , that's not true , there will always be another you and another me . As unique as we are , we will always be able to find someone like us , or maybe even better . You think she's the prettiest , smartest girl you've met , but oh honey , you need to swim deeper in this ocean then . You think he's the nicest , kindest guy ever , well you have yet to meet everyone . Don't ever let anyone be the end of you , Nor let yourself be the end of anyone . There's no "full stops " when it comes to a partner . when you meet the right person at the right time , just remember , he's NOT the best person , but he is the RIGHT person for you and only you .

And we talk about what we look for in a guy / girl ; blonde hair , cute smile , high intelligence level and athletic but when we meet the right person , we'll forget about this qualities . He / she may not even meet one of those expectation , but something about them feels right . Thus , the right person may not be the best person and the best person may not be the right one .

Then now , we start looking for the "right person" , we go on tinder , try to meet new people , blah blah blah , not knowing that you'll meet the right one at your weakest point or maybe your strongest , right after - afternoon and right before dawn , early to catch sunset , yet late enough to rest . You'll meet the right one at the right time and the right one will never ever leave , because you guys are so compatible , he becomes you and you become him .

However , we still uphold our high expectations hoping someone we know would meet em , and there was , there still are . There are hundred of us that can meet that expectation , or maybe even thousands , but the right one may not be one of em , perhaps better , or not

Then some times we meet the best one that we happened to be compatible with , hoping it would last Long . You admire all their qualities and their company , but fate will push you further to find the right one , maybe to save you from any trouble , or maybe to test you

So we'll move on , you'll find another me and I'll find another you . You met my expectations but our fate doesn't dance together . Maybe I'll find someone worst than you but maybe with him , I'll be happier because I don't have to run against fate .

Right now , it's obvious that you're not the right one , but to me , you're the best one yet . So you'll take a piece of me to remember and I'll take a piece of you to hold while I stand in the subway , waiting for the right person to tap me on the back