Chapter 3 - Fight Back

Start from the beginning

  “Hi. Anything I could help you with?” I asked brightly.

 “May I come in?” Madame asked, her tone attempting to sound polite.

  “No, I don’t think so. I don’t really want my dorm ruined by your bubblegum appearance.” I said matter-of-factly. Madame looked both ways as if she was crossing the street, probably looking if any kids were nearby, and pushed me inside.

  “Hey!” I growled, glaring at her. She closed the door after herself and locked it with a key she took out of her pocket.

  “Sit.” She said, all nice gone from her voice. I crossed my arms. “Honestly, woman. What makes you think I’m actually going to listen to you?” I spat. She narrowed her eyes at me.

   “Because if you don’t, I will have to call in my men and they will have to force you. You don’t want that, now do you?”  She had a point, but I wasn’t budging. “I don’t really care. Either way, I don’t do it because you told me to.”

  Madame slapped me. I grabbed my burning cheek and turned around, whimpering quietly. Madame sighed. “You know, things could be so much easier for you. If you would just listen to what I told you-” I cut her off by suddenly turning around and punching her in the nose. I heard a crack, but I didn’t stop to listen before I pushed her aside and ran to the door.

  Shit, I forgot it was locked. I banged on the door as hard as I could, but was interrupted when two surprisingly strong hands grabbed my shoulders and pulled me to the floor.

   I fell hard and oomphed. Madame began kicking me. “You, ungrateful insolent child! Someone obviously has to teach some sense into you!” She yelled. She landed a kick to my ribs and I let out a wheeze. Struggling to catch my breath, I pretended to lose consciousness.

I lay there for ten seconds, quietly breathing in and out, resisting the urge to move my face. Madame took her foot off me and took a step back. That’s when I lunged and grabbed her foot, making her fall on the floor beside me. I got up quickly and regretted it when my sides started burning.

  I kicked Madame once so she would stay on the floor, and grabbed the key inside her pocket. To my horror, I pulled out a ring of at least twenty keys. I groaned and ran to the door, trying each key. I was too distracted to see Madame pull out a phone device and pressing the call button. I heard a beep and turned back to see her standing up with a smirk on her face.

  She wasn’t trying to fight me. My confusion was interrupted when the door burst open and two Fishermen ran in. I weighed my options, and chose to fight to the death, hopefully. I landed a punch on the first one’s face, and I kicked the second one in the shin as hard as I could. They both groaned and grabbed me. I ducked out of their way when Madame caught me in a headlock. She thrust me to the men and they grabbed me.

  I shrieked and bit the man holding me. He released me, but the second man grabbed my hands and pulled them behind as if he was trying to arrest me. I struggled to get out of his grip, but he was too strong. I screamed like a rabid animal and Madame walked over to me and bent down to eye level.

  “You have one second to decide whether you will go quietly, or loudly.”

  I spit in her face.

I was rewarded with the second man punching me in my stomach. I groaned, thrashing and kicking. But it was no use. The man landed punch after punch on my stomach, my arms and my face.

  At one point even standing up felt like I was standing on the sun, so I slumped over, my weight on the man holding me.

   “I told you, you didn’t want these men forcing you.” I heard Madame say before the men left the room. I crumpled to the floor. I felt like someone stabbed me everywhere. Madame grabbed my arms and pulled me to my feet.