Chapter 3: Sensitive Points

{EDITED}

<~Shadow's P.O.V~>
How did I get caught up in this? I asked myself, sitting awkwardly in front of my rival and a gang of boys.
Sighing to myself, I put my hands up and stood up, taking a moment to grab a cigarette from my pocket and stepping outside.

I scoffed leaning against the wall, lighting the cigar. Sighing, I look up to see it's a starless night with the full moon up. Smoke escaped from my mouth, tears pricking. I let out a soft sniff before staring at the white circle in the sky. 

“I miss you two…” I softly spoke. A tear escaped, trickling down my pale face. I angrily wipe it away, taking another inhale of my cigar…

<~Flashback~>

“MOM! DAD!” 

Running towards the beds that are covered by white sheets covered with specks of crimson on them. Tears running down my cheeks… 

“We...love...y..you, S-Shadow…” Mom whispered.

“N… No...No…”

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPP……

“NO!!! DON'T LEAVE ME!!!” Tears running down like a river, my vision was blurry. I could only remember glimpses of doctors. Nurses trying to comfort me. 

“No...no..no.” My legs failed me, falling on my knees, my body felt so weak. As the feelings went away, I could feel my eye spark… slowly… disappear…

<~End Of Flashback~>

“Viper? You good?” a certain brunette boy asked. Snapping out of my thoughts to face Preston, I shivered at the realization that I was so deep in thought that I couldn’t hear his footsteps approaching me.

“Yeah. Yeah, I’m good,” I replied, whipping away what remained of my tears.

“Stop lying,” he sighed, placing a hand on my shoulder. I flinched at the touch before relaxing.

“I just wish I could have died instead of them...why is life so unfair?” I whispered. “I just miss them so much…”

“Well, death doesn’t discriminate. It takes, and takes, and takes, and it takes.” Preston says.

“We do not speak of this. Never. If I heard one single word of mentioning it, you're good as dead. Got it?” I growled, causing Preston to chuckle.

“Your secret's safe with me, ” he whispered. I gave him a small smile before turning back to my emotionless self when I heard the door hinges creaked. 

“You guys good?” Mitch, who opened the door, asked. 

“Yeah!” Preston replied back before turning towards me and gestured me to follow him. I stride behind him, closing the door. I noticed how messy Mitch and Jerome's hair and their clothes. I spotted markings on the Canadian's neck and smirk.

“What happened when I was out there?” I asked, nonchalantly. Mitch's face turned red from embarrassment, Jerome chuckled wrapping his arms around his neck making his face a darker shade of red. 

“Vikk dared Jerome to fudge Mitch, ” Elizabeth replied, with a giggle. 

Does she smile all the time? God, it's annoying…

I went over and sat down between Preston and Jerome. “Who's turn is it?” I asked. 

“Well technically it's your turn, ” Jerome replied, cuddling a reddened face Mitch.