“I thought, you said they were going to be sent off to other owners.”

Hopper quickly straightens himself up. Getting his suit back into balance.

“T-They were. But, let's just say they haven't been cooperating as much as the other pets. Even after editing their guide books.”

She looks around the room at them. They were all having their usual expressions. Amadeus was zoning out with his eyes closed and head resting against his palm. Severus was directing a slight glare towards Jae and Hopper. Prince had boredom on his face as he looked to the ceiling. Fido was actually outside his box now, but still sitting in the cardboard while giving her his usual dead eyes.

“Hopper, I can barely afford one. How do you expect me to-.”

“Think of them as a thank you gift.”

Her eyes widen as she looks back to Hopper. His face had a gentle smile. The man walks up next to her and turns them away from the four for a while, keeping their heads close so the 'pets' wouldn't hear them.

“I noticed the way Amadeus and even you acted the first time we took him back.” His voice dropped to a whisper, and Jae's face flushed a bit. “I ignored it at first. Thinking it was a one time thing, but then it happened over and over again. You sure have some bewitching charms, Jayne.”

She turns her face to the side trying to hide her embarrassment.

“Get to the point,” Jae mumbles.

Hopper chuckles a bit as he moves away this time.

“When you dig up a hole in someone's heart and put a piece of you inside. You can't expect them to dig up that hole again to remove something that became so precious.”

She blinks at Hopper for a while.

“That's really out of character. I didn't expect someone like you to think of something so deep.”

“I don't know whether or not to take that as a compliment.”

Hopper coughs and gets back into his more serious attitude.

“Jae, the company's giving you ownership of them four. But, that doesn't mean the company will help with any insurance issues. If your house becomes damaged because of the 'pets', we wont support you by giving money. You trained them it's all up to you now.”

She couldn't believe this. He's handing them over to her? Just like that?

Hopper laughs a little.

“Well, good luck! Our company doesn't want anything to do with the four! Don't call unless you want to chat! And, good luck when they get in heat!”

In a split second he is out the door and speeding out of her driveway with his car.

For some reason she feels like he didn't give them to her out of the kindness of his heart.

In that instant she felt arms wrap around her waist. Jae's face falls as she realizes who makes the first move to greet her.

“Prince, get off.”

She hears him chuckle from behind her. “I'm glad you remember me,” His mouth closes next to her ear, “Master.”

“HEY! PERVERT PRINCE, WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?!”

Prince turns around to glare at the male while still keeping his arms around Jae.

“Shut it, shitty-dog. I'm busy here.”