"Yep. She's been around as long as I have." Djimmi explained.

"Well, you certainly look great for your age!" The little mug complimented the feline. It purred even louder as if to say thank you.

"So, tell me what's going on with Mugman's body." The magical being started. "It's obvious that only certain circumstances provoke this demon." Cuphead and Elder Kettle noticed that the young mug wasn't paying attention as he continued to play with the cat. His gloved hands raised the small feline into the air. Its green eyes stared contently into his. The tan kettle pushed himself to sit upward and converse with the genie.

"I've noticed that the demon takes over when Mug's body is under physical stress." He explained as his body started to slide back down into the cushy ball. The kettle gave another push to make himself upright. "Like when he tried to rescue me at the market. Or when Kahl's machine malfunctioned and caused him pain.

"It's almost like it reacts to protect Mugman." Cuphead added.

"Hmmm...." Djimmi gave a concerned look the little mug's way. The end of his pipe hung down as his mouth did the same. Cup and his guardian saw this and wondered what he was thinking. "Well, I don't want to diagnose him before I take a physical look at his soul." The genie confessed. "So, let's get to that, shall we?"

Cuphead looked over to his brother, who was cuddling the cat to his chest. He gently nudged Mug's arm with his elbow.

"Huh?" The young mug roused as he finally turned his attention elsewhere. He looked to his older brother and then Djimmi.

"Are you ready?" Cup urged.

"Oh. I-I guess so..." Mugman now became nervous. The sparkle in his eyes instantly went away as he placed the golden feline on the floor. He then stood up and faced the magical being.

"Just stay calm, Mugman. This shouldn't hurt a bit." The genie explained.

"That's exactly what Kahl said too." Mug confessed and took a big gulp. Djimmi's hands started to glow a bright orange. An orange aura appeared around the cup child as he began to levitate above the ground.

"I'm just going to poke around a bit and see if I can find it. Keep your body loose for me if you can." Djimmi said. The child took a deep breath and attempted to remain calm. Being a magical creature, the genie was able to create spirit versions of himself. Even just specific body parts, like hands and feet. The genie used his spiritual hands to feel around inside Mug's body and soul. Mugman felt the astral hands squirming inside his soul. It made him start to giggle, as if he were being tickled from the inside. Gloved hands moved to his sides and around the body as he felt the spiritual hands move upward. The child's hands instinctively tried to stop the tickle session. But since it was not a physical touch, his efforts had no effect against the astral versions of the genie's hands.

"Now that's not so bad, is it?" Djimmi urged with a chuckle. The astral objects continued to search the child's body and soul. A confused look came upon the orange genie's face.

"That's strange...." He began. "It's not in any of the usual places." Mugman gasped and instantly stopped laughing when he felt one of the hands grab his heart.

"Oops! Sorry, son!" Djimmi apologized. "Looks like I got a bit too aggressive there." The heart felt a bit odd to the genie. He felt a bump on the back of the heart. This worried Djimmi greatly. He now wanted a better look at the heart to find out what was in there.

"I apologize again, Mugman. This is going to feel a bit uncomfortable." The genie warned the child before he dragged his astral hand out while holding onto the heart.